Finally getting to it!!! 1970 Duster 340

-
It's not a stencil. It was done with a rubber stamp. Cuda Cody on Moparts has a nice listing of stamps that you can purchase from the manufacturer using his fonts. It's great for the OCD restorer like me!

Mopar Stamps for Ink Part Numbers
Thanks for the link, I have watched Cody's how to videos. I will be ordering one for my 71 'Cuda since I'm OCD also.

I ordered a correct date coded stamp on Thursday and it showed up yesterday. Thanks again for posting the link for us detailed oriented folks. Looking forward to updates on the Duster.
001.JPG

It is the little details that place you guys ahead of the "also rans"

Thanks Denny. I'm always learning something new about these cars. I am a detail oriented guy. I'm glad the link was helpful for your car Orangewagon.

I spoke to my body man, Steve, yesterday. The Duster is on the rotissere and he is finishing up a couple areas on the underside. It sounds like he will be spraying sealer soon and then........paint! I should have some new pics to post soon.

I spoke to my body man, Steve, yesterday. The Duster is on the rotissere and he is finishing up a couple areas on the underside. It sounds like he will be spraying sealer soon and then........paint! I should have some new pics to post soon.
Seen a pic on Fakebook of the underside.
17796507_1612414168783804_7750940418589214166_n.jpg

Hi John. Nora showed me the pic of the car on Steve's Facebook page. He told me that he had a couple areas to smooth out and that he was working on removing some dents on the frame rails from using a floor jack.

Good deal! Shouldn't be much longer that it will have some color on it.

Looks like the Duster was pretty clean underneath Kevin, I had plenty of dents under mine especially the torque boxes, did your's come with torque boxes and you removed them to clean up behind them? Lots of these cars didn't have them.

My Duster never had torque boxes Danny. I wonder how Ma Mopar determined which small blocks got them and which didn't?

I'm pretty sure your Duster photo bombed its way into the latest issue of Hot Rod Magazine....lol. There's an article in the issue about a 69 Daytona race car that is in Steve's shop, and in one pic....I'm fairly certain that your Duster is in the background. :)

That's funny JD. I'll have to take a look at the issue and check it out. I've seen the Daytona in person. It's an intersting build.

I'm pretty sure your Duster photo bombed its way into the latest issue of Hot Rod Magazine....lol. There's an article in the issue about a 69 Daytona race car that is in Steve's shop, and in one pic....I'm fairly certain that your Duster is in the background. :)

I will have to pick up that issue of Hot Rod for the article and see if my Demon is in the pics somewhere along with Kevin's Duster.

I don't remember a Demon being visible. There was the Duster right behind the bones of the Daytona, and then what looked to be a hacked up E body beyond that. I'm at the beach right now, but will look again when I get home in a few days.

Thanks for posting the link to the article John. I didn't get a chance to go to the newstand and get the magazine. It's kinda nice to see my car in print even though it isn't finished.

Thanks for posting the link to the article John. I didn't get a chance to go to the newstand and get the magazine. It's kinda nice to see my car in print even though it isn't finished.
I tried one newstand today to buy a copy and the lady behind the counter told me they sold out and then sold out the second time around as well. Also the lady behind the counter even knew someone from the area was in this issue of Hot Rod.

I stopped by Steve's shop today and they were going to town working on your car. It sounds like your car should be in color within the next day or so as long as nothing unexpected come's up.

Hi Johnny. I talked with Steve at some length today. It sounds like the Duster is finally going to get some paint. Plans are to get the primer colored paint on tomorrow and then move ahead to the the FE5 color. I plan to stop by the shop on Sunday and take some pics for the thread. I'm soooo glad to see things moving ahead.

-
Back