Foam Seat Buns?

-
Are you saying that is a better way to go than reproduction seat buns? Thanks for your input......

Probably cheaper and you can get different "firmness" also. Worth a call at least.

Probably cheaper and you can get different "firmness" also. Worth a call at least.

Good point Ray, probably no firmness selection at any of the big name suppliers.
In my opinion Legendary Interiors is top notch but never dealt with them for foam before buns

I am lucky and have a really good shop in the area. I have a broken spring on the drivers side of my bench and the original velour seat covers so I will not touch it I am scared I will screw it up. Brought the car there and got a quote of 150 with new foam and can choose the firmness. They were contouring foam that day for a custom car and it is a Hot knife they use to do it. Prob pretty cheap just for the buns. I would think they need the seat for reference also. My 2 cents.

Last edited:
I am lucky and have a really good shop in the area. I have a broken spring on the drivers side of my bench and the original velour seat covers so I will not touch it I am scared I will screw it up. Brought the car there and got a quote of 150 with new foam and can choose the firmness. They were contouring foam that day for a custom car and it is a Hot knife they use to do it. Prob pretty cheap just for the buns. I would think they need the seat for reference also. My 2 cents.
I just replaced the drivers side bucket seat bun on my 68 fastback. it already had custom made covers on it, and they weren't exactly like the originals I guess. tuned out ok, but wasn`t as easy as some would have you think. didn`t use the back rest bun, the orig isn`t depleted like the botton foam was.

I just replaced the drivers side bucket seat bun on my 68 fastback. it already had custom made covers on it, and they weren't exactly like the originals I guess. tuned out ok, but wasn`t as easy as some would have you think. didn`t use the back rest bun, the orig isn`t depleted like the botton foam was.
Thanks to all for the input, I have a shop recommended to me here, I will call them Monday.

I have called three shops here and they all recommended reproduction buns, any one have them and where purchased? The cheapest I found was from Auto Obsession. Thanks again for the input.....

forgot to mention, I bought mine from JEGS. took a couple of weeks to get it. was shipped from PUI. $101.99 shipped. seemed the best deal I could find!

That was a great price. I bought mine about 2 years and I think for two front buckets (top and bottom) on the 66 Barracuda, I spent around $220. I can't remember the exact price. But PUI foam seemed like it was good. I used an electric turkey carving knife to cut mine

Thanks for the input, did you install them yourselves? One shop here wanted $400.00 to install them!!

I did my front two seats myself. I took before pics (so I could put them back together, lol), but not any during pics.

For a "Super-detailed" seat restoring job, check out the "Biohazard" thread by @Teeth & Tires. His seat rebuild starts around page 51 or Biohazard

I did my front two seats myself. I took before pics (so I could put them back together, lol), but not any during pics.

For a "Super-detailed" seat restoring job, check out the "Biohazard" thread by @Teeth & Tires. His seat rebuild starts around page 51 or Biohazard
Yikes, what a job!!! I wonder what you do for the Burlap? Thanks for the info....

Yikes, what a job!!! I wonder what you do for the Burlap? Thanks for the info....
FWIW, I used burlap from Michaels. Not quite a coarse as original but I didn't mind. Hobby Lobby or most any craft store should have it.

-
Back