follow up on my duster barn find finally! real h code 340 4 speed in A4 winchester grey

-

340dusterr

Reaction score
hey guys so its been a long time since i have been on the website but i have made big progress on the duster to get it road worthy took little longer than i had thought cause of work and life but I'm buttoning things up here in the next couple weeks just in time for some summer cruising (I'm missing many pictures of the actual engine tear down) but engine was perfect don't have the money to do full rebuild so just did the basics for now to get it on the road! ill take more updated pictures soon but since these I've also got the super stock springs installed , floor pans welded in and the cragar SS wheels for the front and yes i know the traction bars are useless but they look killer and match the 70s vibe I'm going for.

IMG_2574.JPG

IMG_2576.JPG

IMG_2578.JPG

IMG_2627.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1276.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1946.JPG

IMG_1373.JPG

IMG_1370.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1534.JPG

IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_1233.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_1047.JPG

IMG_0533.JPG

Man that sure looks like fun!! Your doin it right, get er back on the road and enjoy driving it. Car has great patina. Thanks for bringing me back to mid 80's when you could still find these cars in driveways and on the side of the road with for sale signs in the windows

Keep the pics coming !!
I sure miss my 340 duster !!!

What engine do you have there? I see it has a cast crank harmonic balancer. Is it a 73 340 or 360, if so does it have the correct flywheel? If you have it under control, disregard this reply. Good Luck!

theres a couple more pics for you guys i still need to take some more current ones but check out the one where its covered in mold! was sitting for a long time before i picked it up

That's a thing of beauty, I bought one just like it in 1981 but yellow and it wouldn't run.
I bought it for the 340 and scrapped the rest 8 3/4 and all, what a dumb ***!

I bought it for the 340 and scrapped the rest 8 3/4 and all, what a dumb ***!

I think most of us that have been doing this for a while have done stuff like that and regretted it later.... I scrapped a AAR Cuda back in 1990 after stripping some parts because quality body parts weren't available back then.

-
Back