-

bOb shingler

Reaction score
here ya go

older Pictures 246.jpg

older Pictures 249.jpg

older Pictures 250.jpg

older Pictures 256.jpg

boyduke, sorry i'm not a professional like you. it is shade tree and it works.
Look I'm not trying to be a dick. It's not about being a professional, its about being safe. I'm all for DIY jobs, heck that's what the hot rod trend started on and thrives on today. But there's a safe way and a not so safe.

I work in R&D for a living as an Mechanical Engineering Drafter, working on designing and strength testing various pieces of equipment. I see a lot here that worries me enough to recommend against anyone duplicating it.

There appears to be no reinforcing of the factory stamp steel upper control arm, yet a huge part of the center of it is cut out. That's not good and most likely will fail from stress fatigue over a period of time.

The adapters to connect to the rack are extremely questionable in my eyes.

Not to mention the fact you have the coil cover bolted at the top of an unreinforced factory shock mount, which is not and has been proven not capable of handling the weight of the car when using a coil over setup without reinforcement.

it may "work" but work well and safe in the long run.... well I highly doubt it. I will give you this, you're a braver man than I to drive/ride in that thing. No way I'd even consider it. Its your life, your car, your money. But I sure wouldnt recommend it to anyone. For God sake, at least add some bracing/reinforcement to that thing, especially those upper controls and coil over/shock mounts before you kill/injury yourself or someone else.

WOW..........so the flanges allow "more tube" to attach, I mean those don't fit the head, right?

I assume you built those?

I love some backyard engineering. Those upper shock mounts with the coilover will be trouble. All that motor and a solid small disc brake? Full on drag truck? I dig the fact that you put a rack in it. These 5.5 turn lock to lock boxes are atrocious to drive.

strip only we don't care about ackerman. if we have front suspension - then bump steer - the toe changing as front end height varies - some do care - and aim for as close to zero as possible. If u have zero bumpsteer that is great

Last edited:
u remember what spring rate and shock u use. did u have to cut upper control arm?

-
Back