Ford 8.8 Swap: Lug Centric or Hub Centric Wheel Fit?

-

cfordyce05

Reaction score
Do those of you who have put the Ford 8.8 in, do you just run your wheels as lug centric on the back since it has a smaller diameter register? I'm putting the 8.8 in my car, but I'll also be running the LMR SVE Drift 18x9 wheels on all four corners for a Mustang so the wheels will fit fine on the rear end. I'm debating on whether to machine the hub bores out on all four of the wheels so that they fit in the front as hub centric and then would be lug centric in the rear, or just machine the hubs on the spindles in the front to match the rear end and not machine the wheels. I want to be able to rotate the wheels because I will be running the same tire all around.

Personally, I've ran lug centeric a few times and never had an issue. Mind you I never was going 150 mph, and the car isn't making 1000 whp lol

I took my front suspension apart yesterday for the first time in about 8 years and realized that the hub that centers the wheels is part of the disk so I'd have to machine every set of disks I put on the front. I guess that means I should just machine the wheels.

-
Back