Found a sweet donor van! Do you need shelving or ladder rack?

-
Actually...it looks like you got a pretty good deal, complete engine and transmission with all the accessories!! That van doesn't look too bad at all. Don't know what you paid but I think you made out OK!!:thumbsup:

PS - I envy my Mom growing up in a valley between the mountains, the Chama river was just a few miles away. I have very fond memories of when we visited my cousins, aunts and uncles back in the day!!
treblig
Here's my math, tell me if I did ok. I paid $1500 and after resolving the reverse trans issue (that's why I think I got it for a good price) I can "maybe" sell the commercial shelving that was inside for $300. That puts me at $1200 for a donor 360 that has 122k, runs sweet, trans shifts perfect, and have all the transplant parts perfectly matching.

Now the big question is...when I do this same sales pitch to my wife when she returns from Portland, will she understand the logic or simply say "why is there a F@#$ kidnapper van in our driveway?

Ok guys you shared your New Mexico stories so I thought I would add a story.

Rainbows are abundant here. They are very predictable. In other words, if the sun is shining at the same time it's raining (yes this happens a lot in New Mexico) there's probably a rainbow.

Anyway, when my kids where little and I knew there was a rainbow "a brewing", I would set out all my pocket change in our courtyard and tell the kids the rainbow brings money. They would search around and find the stacks of coins (not hidden very well).

fyi, I'm from Riverside, only 17 miles from you! Only place on the planet that knows how to make a pizza!

I'm closer than that to riverside, that's just up LaGrange on the other side of I-55...

Yes, they have great pizza here.... :thumbsup:

Hey Trebling,
I've got power steering. What are thoughts on manifolds knowing that, use the 273 manifold for drivers side and donor 360 (with a touch of grinding) on passenger?

With power steering your probably going to be stuck with the 273 on the driver's side. Using the 360 on the passenger's side probably wouldn't help much because it would cause an imbalance in you exhaust (from side to side). It was also require redoing the down pipe on one side which would have to be 2 1/4" pipe then you'd have to connect that to the skinny stock pipe. I don't think it's worth it!! But it's your car.

Treblig

why did you leave???
Good question. I moved to New Mexico to go to graduate school in 96. I ended up not going to graduate school, but started dating a gal here and we got married, I found a great job. She has family here in NM so we are pretty grounded here. Found a beautiful home out in the country on 3 acres, but access to the city.

I miss Chicago and the suburbs. Flew into Midway this summer with my son to visit family and friends and show him what a great place and how great the people are. We also took a road trip to Northern Wisconsin to go fishing. I have fond memories of going fishing in Wisconsin every summer and wanted to share this with my son.

Good question. I moved to New Mexico to go to graduate school in 96. I ended up not going to graduate school, but started dating a gal here and we got married, I found a great job. She has family here in NM so we are pretty grounded here. Found a beautiful home out in the country on 3 acres, but access to the city.

I miss Chicago and the suburbs. Flew into Midway this summer with my son to visit family and friends and show him what a great place and how great the people are. We also took a road trip to Northern Wisconsin to go fishing. I have fond memories of going fishing in Wisconsin every summer and wanted to share this with my son.

I remember our first fishing trip to Wisconsin when I was very young (about 6) it was at Lake Lawn Lodge in Delevan, WI... It was fun, they had a green lake, where we fished and an indoor pool for swimming if you didn't want to swim in the lake... When we were teenagers, we went there and took water skiing lessons for the first time...

Then in high school our good friends used to go up to Mercer, WI (30 minutes from the upper Michigan border) and we would fish, canoe, water ski, and swim in the lake for about a week and half in August before school started... Play flashlight tag at night... Then go snow mobiling up there during Christmas winter break....

Yeah, the Chicago burbs are pretty fun... Did you ever go to Swallow Cliff near LaGrange and Rt 83??? I live near there and can walk there from home... They took down the toboggan slides back in 2006, now they use the hill for sledding in the winter (only the bottom half) and people like to climb the stairs for a workout... They built another set of stairs on the other side of the hill from the original 124 flagstone ones that were different thickness for stepping... Now you can go up and down the hill on either side depending if you want the different height flagstone ones or regular style new ones... The parking lot is usually at least 3/4 full when I pass buy....

Some things have changed, but it's still a good place...

I remember our first fishing trip to Wisconsin when I was very young (about 6) it was at Lake Lawn Lodge in Delevan, WI... It was fun, they had a green lake, where we fished and an indoor pool for swimming if you didn't want to swim in the lake... When we were teenagers, we went there and took water skiing lessons for the first time...

Then in high school our good friends used to go up to Mercer, WI (30 minutes from the upper Michigan border) and we would fish, canoe, water ski, and swim in the lake for about a week and half in August before school started... Play flashlight tag at night... Then go snow mobiling up there during Christmas winter break....

Yeah, the Chicago burbs are pretty fun... Did you ever go to Swallow Cliff near LaGrange and Rt 83??? I live near there and can walk there from home... They took down the toboggan slides back in 2006, now they use the hill for sledding in the winter (only the bottom half) and people like to climb the stairs for a workout... They built another set of stairs on the other side of the hill from the original 124 flagstone ones that were different thickness for stepping... Now you can go up and down the hill on either side depending if you want the different height flagstone ones or regular style new ones... The parking lot is usually at least 3/4 full when I pass buy....

Some things have changed, but it's still a good place...
Now you're really making me homesick!

I have never been to Swallow Cliff but I'm going to look it up on the web. Sounds really awesome! Can't believe I didn't discover it as a kid or teen (only a few miles away)!

You have the quintessential summer vacation stories, flash light tag, water skiing.

I have memories too of tobogganing in Riverside. They too have removed the wooden tower. As a kid it was super fun. We got injured and hurt on a daily/weekly basis, signing a friends arm or leg cast was commonplace. As you know, now everyone is concerned about liability and don't want their kids getting hurt.

Those were the days (am i getting old?), riding go carts on the town streets at night, hanging out in the woods, pool hopping (you ever do this?, sneak into someones pool on a hot summer night).

Those were the days (am i getting old?), riding go carts on the town streets at night, hanging out in the woods, pool hopping (you ever do this?, sneak into someones pool on a hot summer night).

LOL! Yes,. we did pool hop... :lol:

Most of the time they kicked us out when they heard us.... :rolleyes:

Yes the reason the slides were not rebuilt was because of liability and lawsuits from people doing stupid things and suing... :icon_fU:

Toboggan Slides A01.jpg

Toboggan Slides A06A.jpg

Toboggan Slides A07a.jpg

Toboggan Slides A14A.jpg

Here's looking down the slides. Pretty steep almost free fall in the middle.

Toboggan Slides A11b.jpg

Toboggan Slides A14AA.jpg

Toboggan Slides A16A.jpg

Here's looking up the 124 flagstone stairs:

Toboggan Slides A17A.jpg

LOL! Yes,. we did pool hop... :lol:

Most of the time they kicked us out when they heard us.... :rolleyes:

Yes the reason the slides were not rebuilt was because of liability and lawsuits from people doing stupid things and suing... :icon_fU:

View attachment 1715091643

View attachment 1715091644

View attachment 1715091645

View attachment 1715091646

Here's looking down the slides. Pretty steep almost free fall in the middle.

View attachment 1715091647

View attachment 1715091648

View attachment 1715091649

Here's looking up the 124 flagstone stairs:

View attachment 1715091651

Wow! These were serious slides! Thank you for sharing:thumbsup::thumbsup:

You have the quintessential summer vacation stories, flash light tag, water skiing.

My brother and I used to hang out with three brothers and we were all within 3 years of each other in age in Jr high and high school and lived one street over from us .... One night while up in Mercer, WI and playing flashlight tag at dusk, the oldest brother, Jim was running and tripped over a skunk.... :eek:

He took a good tumble and as he was getting up was staring the skunk right in the face... Luckily the skunk was as scared of him as he was of it, they both got up and ran opposite directions and the skunk didn't spray him...

That was epic....

Wow! These were serious slides! Thank you for sharing:thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you read the history of Swallow Cliff, it was used to train for world snow events back in the 1920's, like olympics etc...

If you owned your own toboggan, you could sled there for free... At the bottom of the run, there was stairs and a raised platform that you used to get off the track while others can go down without hitting you as you cleared the run...

Looks like it was a lot of fun!
There was no such thing as a toboggan run in our local mountains. We had to create a run wherever we could find a clear area on a slope and use inner tubes. Lots of crashing into each other when it got crowded.

Looks like it was a lot of fun!
There was no such thing as a toboggan run in our local mountains. We had to create a run wherever we could find a clear area on a slope and use inner tubes. Lots of crashing into each other when it got crowded.

It was alot of fun...

With the hill now being used for sledding, there are some "bumps" into others... But that goes on any sled hill that I've been on and to...

Why do Pollocks have ski at the end of their last names???

Because they can't spell toboggan....

-
Back