Frankencar

-

MoparMatt77

Reaction score
anybody know where I can get a wrecked 2008-2015 dart, charger, challenger etc that I can rip the interior out of on the cheap?

I'm going to retro fit my Duster with the modern interior of a late modern care, yeah it'll be hard, but I'm gonna do it.

I know a guy who did this with a 90's Lincoln interior to an old Packard. Real plush.
He got the whole interior from the local pull a part relatively cheap.
A fairly new Mopar may be harder to come by.

Join Copart and try to buy one at one their auctions. Fees get expensive though, or find where the nearest police/ state public auctions are run and you might get a wrecked or blown up one. Buying the parts from a yard will be pricey. Most pull your own yards have cars over 10 years old, but who knows, you could luck out. Also, you have to watch with how they were wrecked, as the seat belts will blow their adjusters. You could also look on Challengertalk

The pick n pull in kc has had several chargers. The darts are too new.

Here, every holiday weekend nets half price.

Have not seen many make it to yards around here. Interesting concept, but very different. Just put my interior back on Duster doors yesterday. Flat. My Magnum doors - big plastic covers over 4" deep. To even try, thinking you would need a 2 door donor... I'd hit a yard with a tape measure. Maybe a 300, Neon...

I'm fabricating a metal dash and panels, I just need the seats out of an SRT or special edition dodge car, the LCD display, gauges and steering wheel

I'm fabricating a metal dash and panels, I just need the seats out of an SRT or special edition dodge car, the LCD display, gauges and steering wheel
Physically, I would not think that would be terribly difficult if you were already fabbing the dash. But, I believe the display cluster either IS the 'brain' or at least integrated with it and a myriad of sensors throughout the car. That could be quite a challenge if not using new drivetrain and most of the other goodies that go with it. Probably lots of info in the new hemi swaps forum...

Physically, I would not think that would be terribly difficult if you were already fabbing the dash. But, I believe the display cluster either IS the 'brain' or at least integrated with it and a myriad of sensors throughout the car. That could be quite a challenge if not using new drivetrain and most of the other goodies that go with it. Probably lots of info in the new hemi swaps forum...

Well I'm thinking at the minimum I want the SRT bucket seats and maybe the back seat, a steering wheel and LCD display.

Gauges and what not if possible

The steering wheel and cluster functions are tied into the BCM( body control module), PCM, ABS module,SRS(airbag) module, along with the WCM(ignition control module). To make it work, it will probably need the whole donor car for harnesses, matching modules( they are all programmed to specific car) or there is going to be countless hours figuring what can be eliminated.

Last edited:
The seats are the easy part of the swap unless you want the heated seats to work, the you you start tying into yet another module. Only the drivers seat is power, passenger seat is fully manual

-
Back