Fuel Pump Help!!

-

olddman

Reaction score
Need to replace the mechanical fuel pump on my 1965 Dart Gt. with Charger 273. Have not been able to find a fuel pump at any of the parts houses. Have even taken in the Mopar part number (2495527) but still no luck. The fuel pump I have has a straight rod with the end angled down. The one at the parts house are not straight. Every one of them has a "dog leg" about half way down the rod with a slight angle at the end. The rod itself is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch longer on the new one than the old one. Will this fuel pump work? If not can someone give me a good part number?
Thanks!!

Any small block pump should work. Did you hold them next to each other?

The typical part store pumps are Airtech/Chinese. Last time I shopped it, Rockauto had the best price on a true Carter replacement. Yes the actuator arm was redesigned a bit at some year model but it will work. The arms may look different length but housing and pivot point changed also.
The newer type seems easier to install than the predecessor too.

The typical part store pumps are Airtech/Chinese. Last time I shopped it, Rockauto had the best price on a true Carter replacement. Yes the actuator arm was redesigned a bit at some year model but it will work. The arms may look different length but housing and pivot point changed also.
The newer type seems easier to install than the predecessor too.[/QUO

Thanks for helping out. Guess I will try Rockauto.

Stay away from airtech, I had one I put on leak out of the crimp on top.

-
Back