Gluing well liner to back seat support

-

chrgdrt

Reaction score
What glue/ adhesive are you guys using to secure the well liner to the rear seat support? 67 barracuda if that matters.
thanks,
Gary

Wish I remembered the product. But IIRC it was a yellow color and I think it was basic interior adhesive.

3m adhesive product. Comes in a tube, caulk tube or spray. Made for rubber, carpet and pads.

Wish I remembered the product. But IIRC it was a yellow color and I think it was basic interior adhesive.
I believe this is the one

8159A2AC-2A81-4E71-BA5A-55DAECE7FE62.jpeg

I use the #m Yellow Weatherstrip. It dries FAST, HARD and PERMANENT. It does NOT come off.

I ended up using a loctite 300 heavy spray adhesive but a brush on would’ve been easier as I had to mask the area to prevent any overspray.
I never had any luck with the weather strip adhesive, seems I put it on then you have wait 5 or 10 minutes so I go do something else and then forget to check back before it dries.
thanks for the advice

I ended up using a loctite 300 heavy spray adhesive but a brush on would’ve been easier as I had to mask the area to prevent any overspray.
I never had any luck with the weather strip adhesive, seems I put it on then you have wait 5 or 10 minutes so I go do something else and then forget to check back before it dries.
thanks for the advice
The yellow 3M dries quick! Glad you found something, though!

I will be installing my well soon. I could use some help. Does the fabric of the well liner edge go between the retainer and body? do you use adhesive? 'Do You have any pictures by chance?

There might be some photos here that might help

67 Dart Convertible Top Replacement

This is my recollection...

Screenshot_20230820-193913.png

Just checked and this is where the front of the well liner is glued to.

The sides and rear are snapped in place
PXL_20230821_014150630.jpg

PXL_20230821_014201598.jpg

Last edited:
thxs....the photos are great...My car is a 65 Dart and different but gives me an idea to attach my liner below the edge like yours. your photos should be a guide for others needing to see how things on the convertible top go together.

My conv top kit came with a bottle of contact cement. It is repositionable for 24 hrs, so perhaps not best for that. I use E6000 for many such things. It dries fast and you must peel it off your fingers like latex. Gorilla glue is polyurethane, but foams. Might consider 3M Trim Tape. It is very tenacious, so get placement right the first time. I used it to reattach the plastic top trim on a newer vehicle after repainting. It is used for many factory things today.

-
Back