going on pinks!

-
Looks like mopars will be well represented. This is going to be fun.

Z-Max Dragway2.jpg

Good news!!!
got my parts out for powdercoating to Phoenix Specialty Coatings
and got my front disc brakes, new front rims, and got a fiberglass front bumper and a new front fender!!! woohooo

Good luck cause Rich the puke Christian is like a ***** and changes the rules in mid stream.You don't see all the crap on TV

Way to go Corbin! Sounds like you're on schedule in getting ready for The Big Day.

I'll let you know when your parts get here and keep you updated on progress along the way. Can't wait to see that beast all dolled up!

There's a Pinks All-Out race this weekend (Aug 15/16) at PIR...Pacific International Raceways...or, for you older folks..SIR (Seattle International Raceways). Also, a BUNCH of cars are going down from Canada as well. Should be a good show, when they finally get it all edited and "in the can".

ill be at the race this weekend at PIR, hope to get a showing for Mopars. i will take alot of pic and post them as soon as i can.

update! my bodywork is almost done now.
i have maby 2 afternoons left and then i have to lay paint!
My painter is unfortunatly booked so it will be a too late if he paints it for the race so looks like im on my own. should be fun.
anyone know a decent supplier for paint. good quality with decent price.

Corbin, not that I ever claimed to be a painter LOL, but Billy got the paint for his Pontiac Astre from a place called pivco.net. It's Kirker (fairly good quality from what I understand) but they have others available, and REALLY good prices not only on the paint but the primer, sand paper, etc. If I remember right, he bought the primer, paint, and a bunch of supplies for under $200.00.

Good luck with the paint job!

Corbin, you'll be happy to know your valve covers, breather assembly, brackets, pulleys and distributor hold down are now done. The intake is all that's left and it'll get some more attention later today or tomorrow.

I have to say I wish all customers' parts were as clean as yours were when they arrived!!! Your thorough prep work has saved me a lot of time and effort, it's let me concentrate on what I do best around here, and it's truly appreciated. Thanks!

You know what your parts looked like when you sent them but no one else does. Here's a little tease.

View attachment 93778

I've taken "after" pictures of everything except the intake so far but I'm not going to post them here publicly unless you say it's okay to do so. (It's always been my feeling that the customer should see the finished product before the rest of the world does, so it's your call.)

I think you're REALLY gonna like your valve covers ... they turned out better than I'd hoped, and I seriously doubt if anyone has anything like them. I'm doing what I can to get those camera guys' attention on you!!!

Thanks for the confidence in allowing PSC to help contribute to your Pinks All Out debut!!! I'll PM you when the parts are ready to get out the door on their way back home to ya.

yah! parts done!!!!
and the other day i finnally bought my paint and everything i need for it!
should get paint on it in the next week and get parts back on the motor and here we go!!!!

i ended up buying a 2009-2011 ford mustang candy red paint
looks great.!

Corbin asked me to go ahead and post up a couple pictures of the work on his behalf. Though the pics I've taken so far are just informal shop shots, the valve covers and breather are the most presentable so we'll start with those. (Though it is a cast texture, the gray isn't really that sparkley -- the metal flake was really picked up big time by the flash.)

View attachment 93919

View attachment 93920

Powder colors are Ironsides II and Wilder Red, a candy translucent. The ribs on the Cal Customs were pretty beat and pitted but I did what I could with them.

Hope you're happy with the work so far Corbin!

haha i know i know i took a while to respond.
but all looks excellent!!!!!
everything surpassed my expectations. been busy with work and then body work and paint for the car staying up till midnight every night and getting a few hours a day of sleep haha.
but we just mite make it out there.! thanks again to PSC for the great work and sponsership on the car!!!!

Whewwwwwwww, glad to hear that!!! (Yeah, I was kinda stressin on it if you want the truth.)

Your intake is now finished too. No pics yet but I'll get some for you tomorrow. I'll get all your parts boxed up, load you up with a bunch of PSC decals and business cards, and get that stuff on the way back home to California in the next day or two ... plenty of time!!! Hahahahahaaaaaaa (Hey, I was entitled to ONE payback.)

All I want in return is some pics of the car and your finished engine compartment for my website ... you've had a premier spot on the home page promoting you and your Pinks debut for awhile now but it needs some visual appeal.

Drop me a line and let me know what you think of my efforts once you get to see everything in person -- my camera is lame. Thanks Corbin!!!

Yah i was just stressin because it took about a week for shipping to you and it will probly take the same to get back which will give me a day or so to put the motor together and work out bugs and mistakes and kinks out so it will just be close.

Got all the body work done today!!! ready for paint now so ill make my garage/paint booth tomorrow wash the car and paint the car friday!!!!
slowly coming together

All right Corbin, your parts are all finished and going out today. There's a little surprise in the box for you too ... my treat! Let me know what you think when the stuff arrives.

Thanks for your confidence in my abilities, for allowing PSC to have a hand in dressing up your Dart for your Pinks All Out showing, and for displaying all the decals I loaded you up with. We're all pullin for ya!!! :-D

Better get that Dart into the mid to low 10's if you want a chance of getting into the group they pick...have you ever seen them pick anything slower then mid 11's?

nahh i dont want to break into the 10's
i would rather get mid- low 11's so i dont have to cage it and everything.
Yah they tend not to pick anything slower then 11's but you never know who there picking so ill see what it runs when we go out and make a few passes/
not so worried about winning as much as getting the car restored for the race and having a great time!!!!!

wooohoooo just got done about 10 tongiht primering the car!!!!!
made a paint booth and taped everything up and sprayed the car!!!!!
had a ruff start with adjusting the gun since i never used an hvlp
but all and all turned out ok so ill wetsand and spray base tommorow!!!!!\

haha should be fun to see how this one turns out​

-
Back