Grant horn button help!

-
Grant makes some horn buttons that install from the backside and are held in with a snap ring. Maybe your style??

View attachment 1714735513

You don't happen to have a part number on that would you? This guy at Grant didn't know his a$$ from his head and I keep having to argue the part numbers they say will work. I'm getting fed up with them and am to the point of yelling through the phone. If you knew me you'd know that I am very reserved when it comes to confrontational situations and this is going to push me over the edge with these guys.

So just to be clear, you have an Ididit column and the Grant steering wheel adapter, correct??

In looking through this video, you might need the Ididit wheel adapter that adapts the Grant wheel to their column.

Look here at the 2:15 mark:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj-KmXjoISY"]Which ididit Steering Wheel Adaptor is Right for You - YouTube[/ame]

So just to be clear, you have an Ididit column and the Grant steering wheel adapter, correct??

In looking through this video, you might need the Ididit wheel adapter that adapts the Grant wheel to their column.

Look here at the 2:15 mark:

Which ididit Steering Wheel Adaptor is Right for You - YouTube

I have the grant 3 to 5 bolt adapter, grant wheel, and a grant horn button . What I'm trying to find is the guts to the horn button. Grant tells me it's one thing (which is wrong) and then turn around and tell me that I need to take it to a machine shop and do all this custom work which is total bs. The ididit adapter is a last resort. It's not the look I want but at least I know it will work. What I need is what '67 Cuda showed in his last post.

Yeah, the pieces you showed in the video, including the spring is for a stock column, I have 2 or 3 of them kicking around here. That's kinda why I was thinking you need the Ididit adapter. I'm assuming (and we all know what happens there) that the horn mechanism would be inside of the Ididit adapter.

It sounds like the Grant techs are stuck on stupid about the kit and mating it to the Ididit column.

From what I'm seeing after looking around, is you need some type of plastic tube if you are mating to a Flaming River or Ididit column.

Is it possible that 3196 kit goes on the column and then the billet piece? Like was shown in the previous posts.

This is from Grants site:

All IDIDIT and FLAMING RIVER columns use the 3196 kit. You may need to purchase the plastic sleeve that is found on all columns where this kit is used. If you do not have this part, you will need to go to a wrecking yard or to a GM dealer and purchase this inexpensive part.

Did they make any mention of that?

Unbelievable. I finally figured out what I needed to do. It was so simple. I feel a bit like an idiot but at least it's fixed. I have no idea why Grant did not tell me this!

[ame]http://youtu.be/L9KEkSZvNqY[/ame]

Unbelievable. I finally figured out what I needed to do. It was so simple. I feel a bit like an idiot but at least it's fixed. I have no idea why Grant did not tell me this!

http://youtu.be/L9KEkSZvNqY

AWESOME!! None of the rest of us had the right answer either. It's frustrating that Grant didn't give you better info. I was puzzled by that contact-less design of your button but didn't try to logic out the way it was meant to operate. Congrats!

Not being at all familiar with the latest Grant stuff, I don't feel too bad, but crap you'd think THEY would know. Bet you're happy now, LOL

Yes I'm completely relieved now that's all it was. I sent them a nice little email telling them how poor their instructions are in their kits and how poor their "tech service" was.

-
Back