Grease fittings....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Tired of fighting with the grease fittings on a tractor. The tractor was made by Dae Dong. It is a Kioti. Most of them are recessed. The end of the grease gun will slip on somewhat easily but you need to grab the end of the grease gun with a pair of pliers and lever it off. They are neither SAE or Metric fittings, at least any ones that NAPA sells. Years ago the Carquest I dealt with had some sort of self tapping fittings, anybody know if they are still available?

if the fitting is clogged and it doesn't take grease they will lock thereselves on and you can't pull them off. They should be metric. If you can get one out you should be able to find replacement

Edelman had them,last time I checked,Ink. Oops,someone listed McMaster,even better.Never mind........

if the fitting is clogged and it doesn't take grease they will lock thereselves on and you can't pull them off. They should be metric. If you can get one out you should be able to find replacement
Not clogged, pulled a few out and cleaned them with Brake Clean. Took a small screwdriver to verify that the check valve moved. I have a box of Metrics, they are not 8 or 10mm. Took one to NAPA a wile back and checked against all the SAE ones they had, nada......
I come across lots of different ones at work. Here's where I get them.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#zerk-grease-fittings/=m0wfyk

Thanks, will take a look and see if I can find what I need. Luckily they are all the same size, I need about 20 of them......

Edelman had them,last time I checked,Ink. Oops,someone listed McMaster,even better.Never mind........

Another source is not a bad thing.....thanks.....

-
Back