greaser 440

-

aaronk785

Reaction score
Hi guys. My friend and I are putting together a 440 for his duster out of extra parts we have laying around. Can you give me a hp guess. Engine is 76 440 almost no cylinder wear at all. New rings and bearings 484 cam. Heads are 452s shaved .050 2.14 intakes and 1.74 ex. Pocket ported and gasket matched. Performer rpm intake and performer 800 carb. We will use a .020 shim head gasket to help with compression. My guess was just shy of 400. What do you think?

With headers and 9.0:1 maybe in the 415hp range. but I'm just guessing. Cam may be a little much.
Download the CamQuest6 software from Comp. Cams and play around with it a little.

What is a "greaser 440?" I'm not familiar with that ...............term.

Yes I know the cam is a little big. Its just what we have. A greaser engine is one that's thrown together using old or used parts. Its a term the dirt track guys use around here and it spread to drag racing. You ask someone what they have in it and they reply, just a greaser 350. Got it from the salvage yard put in rings and bearings and a cam and ran it. Just a term we use around here.

-
Back