Guess I should have done this last week....

-

whitepunkonnitro

Reaction score
I'm Tony DeFeo (yep, that one...) I've been selling off parts on the FABO forum for about a week now, but things have been really hectic, and my head's been pretty far up my ***....but I guess a late intro is better than none, right?
In a previous life I edited and wrote for dozens of various car magazines, including Mopar Action and High Performance Mopar. Also spent many years racing everything from street cars to Top Fuel dragsters.
I quit Drag Racing in the late 90's and went into the coffee business for a few years, moved from NYC to a suburb of Nashville Tn, and have recently returned to the Mopar thing as a pretty much full time gig.
Currently setting up a shop that is going to specialize in "Day Three" types of cars...Super low budget, loud, fast, fun cars...just like we had "back in the day".(I hate that term....)
My current fleet consists of a couple of Roadrunners, Gasser style 4 door Belvedere, a rat 68 Fury and a twin engine AA/FA that I have been accumulating parts for...alot of parts!..for a long time now.
I guess that's about it.
Thanks for the awesome outlet for selling parts, and for having me, FABO

I'm Tony DeFeo (yep, that one...) I've been selling off parts on the FABO forum for about a week now, but things have been really hectic, and my head's been pretty far up my ***....but I guess a late intro is better than none, right?
In a previous life I edited and wrote for dozens of various car magazines, including Mopar Action and High Performance Mopar. Also spent many years racing everything from street cars to Top Fuel dragsters.
I quit Drag Racing in the late 90's and went into the coffee business for a few years, moved from NYC to a suburb of Nashville Tn, and have recently returned to the Mopar thing as a pretty much full time gig.
Currently setting up a shop that is going to specialize in "Day Three" types of cars...Super low budget, loud, fast, fun cars...just like we had "back in the day".(I hate that term....)
My current fleet consists of a couple of Roadrunners, Gasser style 4 door Belvedere, a rat 68 Fury and a twin engine AA/FA that I have been accumulating parts for...alot of parts!..for a long time now.
I guess that's about it.
Thanks for the awesome outlet for selling parts, and for having me, FABO

Welcome.... I love parts! I need them all the time!! LOL

I know really who are,and have missed you.Please share your knowledge!(Tell Cliff Merry Christmas!) Oh yeah ,Welcome to FABO! You were brutal on street cars with Cliff at Cars MAG 24 years ago.

Welcome from Texas, glad to see you resurfaced.

Bill S.

I know really who are,and have missed you.Please share your knowledge!(Tell Cliff Merry Christmas!) Oh yeah ,Welcome to FABO! You were brutal on street cars with Cliff at Cars MAG 24 years ago.

Have not spoken to Cliff in years, so you're probably better off doing that yourself.
And if you think I was brutal on cars 24 years ago, you should see me now!

Tony,any contact with you is GUNMETALKILLER! Miss you on the street stuff,and I knew you were looking for Hemi parts......

Tony,any contact with you is GUNMETALKILLER! Miss you on the street stuff,and I knew you were looking for Hemi parts......

I appreciate that man. Like I said in the original post, I'm back to doing the Mopar thing...but doing it my way. In my new shop, I'll be building stuff that is rude, crude, fast and fun..and CHEAP! My goal is to bring back the days when a guy could scrounge parts, screw them together and beat them to death, on a working mans wages. I'll be looking for someone to shoot video and perhaps a website to feature such things...so with any luck, you won't have to miss it much longer.
BTW, no more Hemi stuff for me...the Fueler is going to be sporting a pair of cast iron 440's! BOOM!, ha....

You made my my Chistmas! I was thinking you werw an !8 year old with too much cash!

Yeah, I was one of those subscribers who got screwed when I had a two year subscription and HPM went belly up.....

Are you still the Mopar Guy who drives a 5.0 Mustang?

Welcome aboard.

Wecome to the site, I had some time off Mopars as well in the nineties with a 5.0 Mustang and a Grand National now back where I belong in a Mopar.

Tony Glad to have you ! Hope the guys take it easy on you, LOL Winter is coming and some guys get a pretty bad case of cabin fever.

Drop me a line if you need anything.

Hey Tony, great to have you and your expertise here with us. On a personal note, it's just nice to see another member from Tennessee (there aren't that many of us and most are on the "wrong" side of the state LOL). Make yourself at home and don't hesitate to let me know if I can help out with any of your budget builds ... I share your ideals that top notch work doesn't have to cost top notch money. :-D Welcome to FABO!

Looking forward to some pics. Bring one of your toys down to Huntsville Dragway sometime when it re-opens next year.

Hey Tony, last I heard you was running a coffee shop somewhere lol..

Always enjoyed reading your diatribe in the old mags, glad to hear you're back in the game.

Grant

-
Back