Harbor Frieght

-

fl 71

Reaction score
Know some of you will give me some blowback because you don't think much of Harbor Freight and I think its hit or miss however F.Y.I. I bought a low profile 3 ton hydraulic jack for $99.00 today on special. This was at the store here in Knoxville not sure if its a national promotion or not.

I bought one almost 5 years ago, when they were 2.5 ton.

No issues at all, and is actually better than a few I've had over the years.

My car sits pretty low and the low profile fits great under the LCA.

I've even made a couple of adapters that utilize the bolt on pad.

One is a L shaped 1x4 that I can use to get on the pan rail.

The other is in progress and will be an 8 3/4 holder.

I have a 1-1/2 ton, and a 2-1/2 ton. Both are aluminum ,low profile units, from Harbor Freight. I've had both of them for a few years - No Problems.

The only issues I've ever had with harbor freight was with their electric tools. But I simply took them back in and they exchanged them free of charge. I actually find their impact sockets fit much tighter than my craftsman ones and I've yet to round a bolt with one.

HF is good for a lot of things.

I love Harbor Freight. Do I buy my major tools there ? no but some of their stuff is good. Their skinny wheels are far better and last longer then Home Depots. $6.00 for a pack of ten against HD $2.89 for one. Sure you have to be careful of what you buy but still a great place.

I like my HF 3 ton floor jack and have used it here on the farm for several years without troubles. I have many other tools from there with good results also.

I don't buy my main hand tools or main electric tools there, but I do buy a lot of other stuff there. I particularly like their blue Nitrile gloves. Whether powder coating, painting, or working on a dirty engine, they are a great bargain. I also have a HF jack. It has been great for several years. If you go to Sears, Advance Auto or just about anywhere else, look at the Jack boxes. They all say made in China.

I bought their 4 ton one and no problems, course I always get their warrenty, also have their engine lift, my dad has one of their older ones bought it a long time ago and still going strong, have used it a alot of engines and to my knowledge haven't had to even replace the hydraulic pump yet. Yes some things are hit and miss but personally I love their stuff.

These jacks can last just as long or even longer than higher priced units. Stop at a tire shop and see if they have a few in use. It will probably surprise you.

Nothing wrong with HF tools unless you turn wrenches for a living and even then some of their tools will still suffice.

JW

I have one of their aluminum floor jacks 1.5 low profile for many years now with no issues i also buy other stuff [tools ect.] there but only tools that i am only using once in awhile my everyday tools i buy name brand stuff.

I tell you what I do like are the Pittsburg open/ratcheting wrenches, picked up a set for the car and have been using them since, hell lifetime guarantee also.

There's a " HF jems and junk" thread somewhere around here to share experiences.

just bought a predator 5 HP engine last night for $75. to replace worn out mower engine. Read 75 reviews all positive , people were relating them to the Hondas so for $75 I thought I'd give it a try.

HF used to sell subaru/robyn engines.

-
Back