Help me ease the pain in my right hip - please!

-

JeffisOld

Old, Ugly and generally Disagreeable!
Reaction score
My wallet is killing me for RB stuff to a 69 Dart!

TTI's website shows my headers (ceramic coated) at $918.00 + shipping and tax.
Any idea who is cheaper?

Engine Accessories - I will be running an alternator, power steering and air conditioning.
The only set up I can find that will support this is from Mancini Racing. They have a branded serpentine setup in aluminum. It's killer looking - and it should be for $1695.00. I guess the days are gone when we could go to the junk yard and root around until we found what we found what we needed. Anybody got any idea?

Thanks in advance for the ideas!

Check out DOUG's headers. Similar quality but much cheaper.
Regarding the rest, why go with serpentine? Why not duplicate a factory arrangement? Bouchillon has pulleys and brackets. If you want to save cash, why not piece it all together from multiple sources?
Wildcat Auto wrecking in Sandy, Oregon.
Stevens Performance in Alabama.
Tony's Parts, Deleware.
Good luck.

If your combo is under 500 HP, Schumachers will do the job. They are a little cheaper, plus, they have greater ground clearance.

Put that plastic away and start making phone calls and new friends. Post some "wanted" ads... don't afraid to buy used...every car runs on used parts.

If your combo is under 500 HP, Schumachers will do the job. They are a little cheaper, plus, they have greater ground clearance.
I am looking at Schumacher Tri-y headers for a 340 build up for my 67 Barracuda. Do they really fit as well as say?
Sorry to hijack this thread I tried to PM you a the site went into error?

Last edited:
Thanks all, I will continue to let my fingers the walking.

I will check out some pulleys but the heads r s will need to be new. I had solo many problems with used headers in my youth that I am not going to play that game at 62!

Guys, being new to Mopars I really appreciate your opening my eyes to some new manufacturers!

This site is Great!

Last edited:
Can you run factory ps without AC in a 440 A body?

Yes I will! Because the wife told me A/C, Pwr Steer and Alernator are going to be there!

Actually CVF Racing, that a FABO member turned me on to, has some great options at a reasonable price.

This is the “Beast” by CVF. I moved the ac down low so it’s more pleasing to the eye.

7E8C1A98-077F-4C31-8B4C-BC0EDA187DE9.jpeg

C1D1E0A1-5C80-48F3-AA6A-2F55406F7D40.jpeg

That's the **** 5.7Hemi!!!

With the A/C down it creates the view you want to see in a Dart hood! Full!

I hate to say it but just buy the TTI's. Dougs doesn't make A body RB headers, the Schu headers are made by TTI, TTI sells their version of the shorty headers if you want to go that route. Still the TTI's fit so sweet with no torching or banging, you can save some coin with the chrome ones- I did. My .02 worth.

Gonna have to save my pennies for a coated set prong ones and the exhaust system with crossover too! Fits too good, no fighting or cussing.

CVF makes some much more affordable V-belt set ups also.

on Hemis....but it is the same for any B /RB

I have done several power rack and pinion conversions with A/C (compressor down low by the oil pump) and P/S (compact pump mounted above the A/C compressor) with March 2 groove v-belt pulleys....std drive to keep the water pump spinning at the factory RPM.

inner groove does the alternator....outer groove runs the A/C and P/S pump with slotted mount holes to let the P/S pump doing the tightening of the belt

on Hemis....but it is the same for any B /RB

I have done several power rack and pinion conversions with A/C (compressor down low by the oil pump) and P/S (compact pump mounted above the A/C compressor) with March 2 groove v-belt pulleys....std drive to keep the water pump spinning at the factory RPM.

inner groove does the alternator....outer groove runs the A/C and P/S pump with slotted mount holes to let the P/S pump doing the tightening of the belt
I s there a down low A/C compressor mount for a 340?

there can be.....

I make the A/C brackets for the B/RB to compliment the HDK .....I will be making small block ones also.

there can be.....

I make the A/C brackets for the B/RB to compliment the HDK .....I will be making small block ones also.
Very good.
I am in the throws of doing a 340 build up for my 67 Barracuda which has factory A/C and power steering, I am looking for a alternative A/C set up. Please keep me informed as you progress. Much appreciated.

kowske1967barracuda 023.JPG

kowske1967barracuda 019.JPG

Good looking ride 512Stroker.....is your last name Sox or Martin?
:)

-
Back