Help with 2 Wire Distributor Wiring please.

-

swies

Wish I had more time.
Reaction score
I will be installing my 2 wire Ready to Run this weekend and I have been reading threads for the last 4 hours about ballast jumping and wiring to the e-core coil.
My question is, is the picture below correct?
I have made my changes in red so they stick out.
upload_2017-3-2_12-27-31.png

I avoided all of this by buying Trailbeast (member on here) hei conversion kit. He gives a discount to fabo members.

That's more or less it, but usually you would jumper straight across the two top terminals but since that loop on the left goes from the top terminal to the bottom one it will still work the way you have it shown.

Thanks for the mention FJ5, I appreciate it.

jumper.jpg

Thanks TB. I bought this from a well known member here long before I knew about your equipment. If I knew then what I know now I would have got your setup for sure.
But while I have you on the phone, could you pm me with a price for one of your setups? Shipping to 98901.
Also, does yours come with timing limiter?

Thanks TB. I bought this from a well known member here long before I knew about your equipment. If I knew then what I know now I would have got your setup for sure.
But while I have you on the phone, could you pm me with a price for one of your setups? Shipping to 98901.
Also, does yours come with timing limiter?

No problem.
Message sent.

I avoided all of this by buying Trailbeast (member on here) hei conversion kit. ...
How would that avoid bypassing the ballast? If you still have the ballast installed, you aren't getting max spark.
TrailBeast' kit is simply the parts anyone can pull from an 85-95 GM V-8 truck in the junkyard (google "small cap" distributor). If you can't find one of those, tell us. TrailBeast kits them as new parts, which many prefer. A GM factory cable run from module to coil so grab that. Also grab the GM knock sensor & module if you plan spark control (Holley Commander 950 or such).

-
Back