Help with duster 1/4 windows

-

swifter

Reaction score
Anyone install rear 1/4 windows in 70 Duster--It seems they don't fit right,What I mean is it seems they are not tall enough and when I put them in the opening the frame does not go up into the chrome rain channel to weatherize the top of the opening--Any help I would love--Steve

Yes, been there, done that. There should be some foam weatherstrip around the upper perimeter of the frame. Are you saying that when you have the window in place - up as high as possible with the little L-shaped mounting bracket against the roof rail, and the lower corner mount lined up at the jamb, and the rear mount lined up with the hole in the body inside you still have a gap at the top? Did you remove the chrome roof rail weatherstrip channel and, if so, replace the foam seal between it and the body upon installation?

Can you supply pics?

If anything you will have a gap at the lower edge of the window frame and body that you'll have to fill with a strip of black window caulk.

post some pix. I dont know if there is a year difference. I know later model dusters have a different latch location than the older ones 70-72.

010.JPG

012 (2).JPG

Yes I have a gap on top of the window,I put new seals,new hinges on and it is real weird how the window fits in the opening,Could the bracket that holds the window on by the pillar be bent and not allowing the window to go up as high as it should?? Thanks Guys steve

Is it the original window? How do the other mounting points (screw holes) line up?

Detroit Muscle Technology makes a kit for installing these pop out rear windows. I just installed mine in my Demon and the fit is great! Check out Jim's web site or give him a call. John

Right  Pop Out windows DMT Kit installed 001.jpg

Right  Pop Out windows DMT Kit installed 002.jpg

Right  Pop Out windows DMT Kit installed 003.jpg

Right  Pop Out windows DMT Kit installed 004.jpg

Right  Pop Out windows DMT Kit installed 005.jpg

Right  Pop Out windows DMT Kit installed 006.jpg

Right  Pop Out windows DMT Kit installed 007.jpg

Right  Pop Out windows DMT Kit installed 008.jpg

Right  Pop Out windows DMT Kit installed 009.jpg

Right  Pop Out windows DMT Kit installed 010.jpg

HMMM? I just put the seal around the window and installed. Mine is a 70 also. No troubles. Do you want more pix? Let me know.

-
Back