Help with "universal" engine dowel finishing kit

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I have a '71 340 to put together. The kit supplies parts for both LA and Magnum small block motors. Does anyone know how to sort this kit out so I can pick out the pieces needed for an original 340? Thank you.

dowel kit.png

Looking quick - you need (as pictured) the top row, the far right concave washer (with LA camshaft and fuel [pump eccentric), the four dowel pins, the three cap screws with no flange(the 3 on bottom left), and the larger cap screw (bottom right).

The drip 'thing' for the timing chain is in the upper left. The center washer looks like the one for the crank, to clamp the damper on. The large bolt goes with that, I think. Distributor shaft bushing beside the drip 'thing'....keys and dowels as needed.

Being a Mopar kit the distributor intermediate shaft bushing may need to be burnished once it is installed. You can get around this by using an aftermarket bushing that is already reamed to size.

The flat washer in the center is NOT for the crankshaft damper bolt. It is the flat washer used on factory Magnum camshaft bolts.

-
Back