Hemi Wiring for the Accelerator Pedal

-

Chris36608

Reaction score
So, thanks for letting me join!! Just picked up a hemi swapped 73 Duster. It's an unfinished project, but it cranks and runs. :)

Here is my issue (keep in mind that I just bought it yesterday, and know little to nothing about it...)... the accelerator pedal (DBW) doesn't function.

The swap is a complete swap from a 2004 Hemi Ram, including the 545. Everything (gauges and all) are there from the ram. It cranks, idles, and will creep around in gear under it's own idle power, but will not rev up. It has a cable ran from the stock gas pedal to the box that was under the fuse box for the hemi. I read that I couldn't re-use this box on the car?? Is that so? Or, can anyone give me any tips or anything to troubleshoot it some?

Thanks a million!!
- Christopher

In park can you make it rev. If so your computer has put it in limp mode that happened to me. You have to clear the fault. I know the box style will work but you can buy a drive by wire pedal I don't have the part number anymore but give Dave weber a call at modern muscle in Virginia or call hotwire. But it sounds like you're transmission is in limp mode. Which could be caused if it was started up without seeing the trans. Or another sensor. Make sure the output speed sensor is not broken off. Make sure that the brake switch is hooked up not factory but the the hemi

You may have to learn the pedal with a drb or scan tool. Not sure if there is a learn procedure without it. Mine did the same thing, tried learning it, still nothing, my used pedal sensor was bad. Replaced it, learned it, and it worked great.

Sorry I am not that far along with my build to be of any help to solve your issue with accelerator. But in reading your first post you said your car has the ram gauge package. That's interesting can you post some pictures. Was considering this as a possibility. What other items were used from the ram to wire the gauges or key etc. maybe so this does not take the subject away from the topic of this thread you could post it under another thread in New Hemi Swaps. Thanks

Right on, sounds like you bought a neat project.
Good luck, should be an easy fix.
:burnout:

Meh.... the previous owner just stuck the gauges in the whole that the stock gauges came out of, with no regard to how it looks. Loganscuda messaged me and walked me through a few steps, and I have some wire tracing and sensor fixing to do... lol. Sorry, I haven't paid attention to this thread much. I am not seeming to get notifications to my emial for anything other than messages.

As far as other things, I believe the skim is removed and its using the factory key cylinder to crank the car. He used some kit (which I believe is leaking) to install the factory fuel pump into the duster tank. Engine bay is very clean, but he laid all the wiring out inside a gutted can and its not hidden our routed any clean way.

I'll try to post a few pictures later on. I'm waiting on a new brake switch to come in this morning, and I'll throw it on and see what happens tonight.

- Christopher

Sounds like your having fun with your new project. Thanks for the reply about the the gauges. Hopefully you will find a solution for you accelerator issue. Cheers

Pulled the wiring harness out of the dash, where he had it ran. There were three grounds that were not connected to anything. Connected them up, did a quick accelerator pedal reset, and DBW works great. Now to finish routing everything where I want it!! Sorry it took so long, but I work 7 12s.

-
Back