holley 1920 carb spacer?

-

DaisyDart

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Anyone know of any spacers that are available for the 1920 holley single barrel carb?
I can't seem to find any.

Are you talking about the thick gasket between the intake manifold and the base of the carb ? If so I should have the part number at the shop.Pm me and I will get it for you.

The carb base gasket is a Fel-Pro #60085 or #13-1026. The factory gasket is much thicker than the replacement but works fine.

Darter6, do you think the stock gasket was made this way as a way to insulate the carburetor from the intakes high temperature? At the moment I currently have just a thin base gasket and feel that the carb is getting hotter than it should be and causing fuel percolation issues when its really hot outside. If the stock gasket was a way for Dodge to help ease this problem I wonder if installing a stock gasket would help keep the carb cooler in my case? I have the original carb in a box and with it is a broken up original gasket which actually appears to be made out of fibers of some sort (looks like the wood they make actual carb spacers out of when its broken apart) so I was wondering if there was an aftermarket version available in Phenolic plastic maybe as a more durable solution? And in that case I would have to buy 2 felpro gaskets and install one on top and one on the bottom of the spacer (if it exists in the aftermarket, Ive yet to find one). What do you think?

I'm also going to move and cover the fuel line so its further away from the engine block to help also.

I would like the part number for the original gasket if you would be kind enough to note it down for me, Thank you !

Are you talking about the thick gasket between the intake manifold and the base of the carb ? If so I should have the part number at the shop.Pm me and I will get it for you.

The carb base gasket is a Fel-Pro #60085 or #13-1026. The factory gasket is much thicker than the replacement but works fine.

Just to keep this thread complete for other who use google to search up info about stuff like this I added your reply to this thread. Thank you for the advise but I raise my eyebrow about the idea of doubling the fel pro gasket, 2 thin layers is not enough to prevent heat soaking into the carb, there has to be some added space in-between the 2 parts to ensure there is less thermal exchange between the parts. I think instead I would rather trace the fel pro gasket I have, model it and have a spacer laser cut to solve this issue. Thought there would have been a simpler way since this is a common problem. Were you able to get the original part number for the original thicker gasket so I may check to see if it is still available and consider 2 options? I have also read the fuel line guide already. Thanks for your input.

Darter6 -
You could stack 2 gaskets, it may help.as I said the replacement gasket is thinner that the original. Do a search for "slant six fuel line modification". If you don't find it here check out "slantsix.org" or google it.Some say it cures the problem.

-
Back