Holley 3310

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I picked up a Holley 3310 - 750 vacuum secondaries, manual choke (swore I would never own one) an I'm curious as to what jetting they use out of the box. I bought this unit used and is in pretty good shape from a running car.

My intentions are to throw a kit in it, bag and tag it until I get the machine work done on my block and start assembly.

It will be going on a 360, 9.5/1 CR, 904, home ported J heads, LD340 intake, long tube headers and undecided possible roller cam at this point.

In the interim I would like to get a jetting "kit" if there is such an animal.

Any recommendations??

look on the air horn for the list # 3310-?

knowing the version of the carb...you can look up the stock jetting at holley

Holley's numerical Carburator Listing Shows
#72 Primary Main Jets
134-21 Secondary Metering Plate.

If it still has the metering plate, then options for a basic rebuild are
Fast Kit 37-1542
Renew Kit 37-754

If its the secondary metering plate was converted to a block, then
Renew Kit 37-1537

at that point, you're at the price of Trick Kit which includes some parts for experimenting with altering the pump shot and secondary opening points.
37-933

I would strongly recommend buying Mike Urich's Holley 4150/4160 (or the bigger version with Fisher) especially if you get the Trick Kit. Both are available used if you want to save a couple bucks.
You can download a pdf of the Holley Catalog and the Numerical Listings from their website.

Jets. Yes you can buy a whole box kit of standard Holley jets. Mopar Performance used to have them in a two box set for good price. However the plastic wasnt really fuel resistant. Anyway, if you think you'll be trying more than a few jets in your lifetime, the kits can be a good deal.

If you're removing the bowls frequently (for changes), my suggestion is use the blue gaskets, make them less sticky, and buy in packs of 10 (web search or a local shop will get you these for a big savings over the 2 packs).

Thanks for all that, me thinks I have a lot to look into on this carb.

I have always shied away from the Holley carbs, for this very reason, lol.

I did get a so called "trick kit" when I bought the carb, but the numbers don't match what you posted above. It's 37-119.......

Great carburetor. I like doing the 780 conversion on them so they have jets in the back, but they work real good either way.

Thanks for all that, me thinks I have a lot to look into on this carb.

I have always shied away from the Holley carbs, for this very reason, lol.

I did get a so called "trick kit" when I bought the carb, but the numbers don't match what you posted above. It's 37-119.......

According the Holley Catalog, that's a "Renew Kit" but not for a 3310. It's covers 1850s and carbs like that. They have fuel bowls with side hung floats and an external connecting tube.

That's kinda what I saw when looking up the number. I'll just get the proper kit, and sell this one.

My grey matter will be mush by the time I learn the ins and outs of these carbs. I have no issues rebuilding it, I've done many different carbs over the years successfully, even though it came off a running engine, I just want to know it my mind that it's completely freshened up.

The tuning aspect is what will throw me a curve ball.

A trick kit is stupid expensive and will include a ton of stuff you won't need, want or use.

Use the renew kit and get a secondary spring kit or an adjustable vacuum pod.

Ethanol in fuel? Get the green style accelarator pump diaphram for the carb. The 37-119 kits do not have them, they have black ones. Most of the gaskets in that kit are the same as a 3310.

A secondary metering block conversion is another good upgrade.

Mattax has excellent suggestions. :thumleft:

A trick kit is stupid expensive and will include a ton of stuff you won't need, want or use.

Use the renew kit and get a secondary spring kit or an adjustable vacuum pod.

Ethanol in fuel? Get the green style accelerator pump diaphragm for the carb. The 37-119 kits do not have them, they have black ones.

Thanks Rob, funny you mention the color, I just looked and it appears to be green.

Yeah, the box I have says trick kit on the front, and repair kit on the bottom by the number.

View attachment box.jpg

View attachment number.jpg

View attachment pump.jpg

So, this kit will work on this carb?

I knew I didn't want a Holley, lol.

I agree it is a good idea to clean and replace the items that can deteriorate. The accelerator pump diaphram and red rubber check valve, and the body to block gaskets are all vulnerable to drying out and/or some of the components of pump gas - especially since E10 became the norm.

Either of those books will help you with understanding how Holleys work and won't hurt your gray matter too much. Urich was VP of Engineering at Holley which IMO results in less reinterpretation and better diagrams.

Well, I just looked AGAIN, and this kit is listed for the 4160 models. So, I'm back to ordering the correct kit. I'll look into the book. I have some time yet to study up on these dern things, so I will do that.

Your carb is a 'model' 4160 unless it has been altered. The only difference between Models 4150 and 4160 is the use of secondary metering block instead of a plate. Model numbers are more like families of carbs with similar characteristics.

A "List Number" 3310-2 through -6 and a list 1850 are both 4160s but have different gaskets, floats and probably some other parts.

Holley Carb List.
http:
//documents.holley.com/techlibrary_carb_numerical_listing.pdf

Full Carb and Parts Catalog (big 18 MB).
http:
//documents.holley.com/catalog_holleyrev.pdf

Cut and paste with http: and no www

Your carb is a 'model' 4160 unless it has been altered. The only difference between Models 4150 and 4160 is the use of secondary metering block instead of a plate. Model numbers are more like families of carbs with similar characteristics.

A "List Number" 3310-2 through -6 and a list 1850 are both 4160s but have different gaskets, floats and probably some other parts.

Well, that clears up some confusion. That 3310-6 number is what I have been stuck on.

I just ordered the book, and will take it with me on the road so I can do some reading when shut down at night.

Thanks for the help, I'm sure I'll be needing lots more. Always a learning curve when in uncharted territory.

I think you'll find it's the sweetest carb you ever owned.. jmo

Being a vac secondary, after you kit it, you'll be able to put it on your 318 and make sure it's good to go.. to break in the new motor,, might even get a grin ...

hope it helps..

Nice that it has the green acc pump diaphram . Must be something on the newer side for them.

-
Back