Hot August Nights Reno

-
I attended in the 1990's when living at Lake Tahoe. Nowadays, I believe the problem is these events become too big, unmanageable, and not so much fun as before?

High 90's and low 100's here and seems to be hot everywhere on this side of the country. The night time is nice.
I don't know what it was like in the 90's. I first went in 05 and then I've been the last 7 years. Seems to be a pretty well run event and I always have a real good time.

I attended in the 1990's when living at Lake Tahoe. Nowadays, I believe the problem is these events become too big, unmanageable, and not so much fun as before?
I attended in the 80's & 90's It was an absolute blast... Late 90's it was getting to be a different crowd 97 was the riots, I was there... My GF nearly got into a fight trying to keep drunks off of my car... We got outta there, back to the hotel, next morning headed home & from 97-2019 only took daily driver type vehicles.. Took my Challenger again in 2019... Might drive up again for a day this year..... The fact the Mopars at the A&W gathering appears to be cancelled kinda makes me feel like staying home... No Mopar gathering & August is to Fukking hot anyway...
Maybe a trip around Lake Tahoe instead.... Tahoe is higher elevation so it's cooler, Tahoe is beautiful... Reno is a desert...

I always go. For me, it is just a little shy of 2 hours to get there.
As much as I love Mopars, I also like to see other brands of cars as well. I have a great admiration for Chevrolet full size cars from 1959 to 64.

If I get to finish my 4 speed and Qa1 Swap into the 69, I will most likely go. I have missed all other times due to my cars being down and here I am again -_-

I went to the Virginia City Kick-Off event over the weekend with friends.

Virginia City Kickoff.jpg

-
Back