Hp manifolds

-

cuda620

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, Old Kimmer said angle milling the hp exhaust manifolds would fit a 440/A body. Anyone know for sure or Kimmer!!! You out there? Thanks.

Yes, he was talking about the C body HP driver's side manifold. They have to be angle milled so the outlet is closer to the block, to allow power steering.

The 68-69 B body HP manifolds fit a low deck in an A body as long as you modify steering column on a column shift OR you have floor shift, but the passenger's side falls in.

Yes, I mostly used the C body manifolds, but I have used the B body but u have to cut the column back to almost the firewall. Kim

Hi, are there some photos on this site showing the process of cutting down the steering column? I am using the headman headers on a 383 with the Borgeson steering joint.
What do you recommend for a starter?
Thanks Jason

FBD36B4C-EAC3-4655-9122-DE1A59F234F5.jpeg

A large tubing cutter works well. It's just sheet metal. No rocket science and nothing to be afraid of.

So you mark it off,remove the column and then cut the collar? How close to the firewall do you go?

So you mark it off,remove the column and then cut the collar? How close to the firewall do you go?

Only you can answer that as each car is a little different. You'll need the engine installed and have the manifold on hand to make that determination. I have seen though that about one half to one inch of the column protruding from the firewall work in the few instances I have seen it done and the one time I did it myself.

Is it the same on the B block or do you have more room there too. I saw a mod on here once awhile back where the guy put a steel bearing and snap ring to keep it from going in too far and a couple of set screws held it in place. Not original, but looked like a good mod. Even had part numbers if anyone’s seen it. Forgot to bookmark it.

Are these mods and angle milling necessary on the B engine or just the RB? Thanks.

Last edited:
The column needs to be cut for B or RB. You don't need to angle mill for an RB, but things will fit better...

Might need to angle mill those so that the head pipe can be connected. Put it in and see if you can clear the steering shaft.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a set of these exhaust manifolds 2808900 and 2951865-1. Thanks for the info on the A-Body Big block install.

How much flow or power do you use by using the truck type log manifolds also like the 67 c body with the rear exit? Suppose to be great fit for b/rob engine into A body.

How much flow or power do you use by using the truck type log manifolds also like the 67 c body with the rear exit? Suppose to be great fit for b/rob engine into A body.
My car is a driver with a big block 440. What truck are they found on?

-
Back