I been busy on my new project

-

Ozcuda

gotta love a MOPAR
Reaction score
Hi All,

This is the reason I haven't been around for awhile....I been busy on this project...It's a 1963 Valiant Safari wagooon.....I have installed a 273 with a tricked up 904 it has a 3:23 LSD, Hurst ratchet shifter, 4BBL Holley, Mallory electronic dissy, Centerline Billet wheels. It is going to be my daily driver for now & at a later stage I will replace the 273 with a 360. Here are some pics....And yes it is FLAT LAVENDER.....There is stil a little to do before it hits the road but I'm hoping it's only a few weeks till then.

100_1954 resize 1.jpg

100_1952 resize 4.jpg

Update1.jpg

update2.jpg

update3.jpg

:wav:

Very Kool, I think the Purple looks neat;
do you have dual exhaust yet?

Love them wagons! and right hand drive! How hard would it be for me to get my hands on a k member and steering box from Australia? or is the steering box the same as the USA versions and the k member is just different. I want a right hand drive car and it is to costly to purchase and ship one so if I could find the "special" parts I could build one.

Are the engines offset to the left since it is right hand drive? Our left hand drive cars are offset to the right side. It looks like from the picture the engine is centered in the car.

Chuck

cavemanmoron said:
:wav:

Very Kool, I think the Purple looks neat;
do you have dual exhaust yet?

I like it we are going for the old school look as we want to get into the Nostalgia drags & have a bit of fun with it......No exhaust yet that's 1 of the few things left to do......I live in Newcastle Australia which is on the east coast about an hour & a half north of Sydney....

340mopar said:
Love them wagons! and right hand drive! How hard would it be for me to get my hands on a k member and steering box from Australia? or is the steering box the same as the USA versions and the k member is just different. I want a right hand drive car and it is to costly to purchase and ship one so if I could find the "special" parts I could build one.

Are the engines offset to the left since it is right hand drive? Our left hand drive cars are offset to the right side. It looks like from the picture the engine is centered in the car.

Chuck

Thanks all brads of early wagooons are very popular down here at the moment.....

The K member is the same it even still has the mount for the left hand steering box still there. It would be a real pain to convert as you would really need a parts car as you need lower control arms, steering box & mountings for the steering box & idler arm & the drag link.....

It also depends on if you run a V8 or a 6 as I found out the early models have the steering box in a different position which I had to change to fit the V8 in. Most of the parts you need are easly obtainable......

I have another 1 of these wagooons on Ebay here at the moment the only difference is it's what we call a Canadian body as it has different tail lights here 's a few pic's.

I don't know what the cost is to ship cars into the US is....But I have inported the Barracuda from the US which cost us about $3750 USD

100_2268.jpg

100_2269.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AP-5-Valiant...1QQihZ011QQcategoryZ96712QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:)

Ozcuda said:
Thanks all brads of early wagooons are very popular down here at the moment.....

The K member is the same it even still has the mount for the left hand steering box still there. It would be a real pain to convert as you would really need a parts car as you need lower control arms, steering box & mountings for the steering box & idler arm & the drag link.....

It also depends on if you run a V8 or a 6 as I found out the early models have the steering box in a different position which I had to change to fit the V8 in. Most of the parts you need are easly obtainable......

I have another 1 of these wagooons on Ebay here at the moment the only difference is it's what we call a Canadian body as it has different tail lights here 's a few pic's.

I don't know what the cost is to ship cars into the US is....But I have inported the Barracuda from the US which cost us about $3750 USD

I have almost finished the wagon should be on the street late this week.

Here are a few pic's

gooon drivers seat.jpg

gooon front on.jpg

gooon side.jpg

update2.jpg

OldVart said:
Very nice Oz. Hey, what kind of wheels are those? 4" small bolt pattern I presume?

Thanks.........The wheels are Centerlines I have converted the stud pattern to the larger stud pattern.

I love the purple! Those wagons rock!!! I saw an old 63 (yr?) Dart wagon in the parts yard a few years back. What a crying shame to scrap a beauty like that.

-
Back