Ignition switch connector broken off wire

-

68CudaS

Reaction score
My 68 Barracuda's under dash ignition switch plastic connector housing, has one of the ign 1 wires broken off. Is it possible to remove the connector from the plastic housing so the wire can be reconnected? I cannot find a replacement part from any vendor.
Is there an alternate repair that won't damage the housing?
Thanks

IMG_1976.JPG

pretty sure they are like any other spade connector with a little tang that digs into a ridge in the plastic , you probably just need a thin flat screw driver to depress the tang from the connector side and slide it out . It may push through tho in which case it will have to be resoldered with the wire already through the slot .

Yup, look at the little slot in side of the connector hole on the switch side.
That's where you slide something in to release it, and the hardest part is pulling it out a little while you release it so when the release tab is pressed down it comes out.

Those are known as "Packard 56" terminals. Google it. You must be careful, there's a couple of different designs. The "GM style" don't fit most Mopar connectors. I bought some I thought reasonable, from "clips and fasteners" online, Aweco brand I think.

These are NOT what you want

Packard 56 Series Female 12 Gauge Terminals GM 2989877

W32C031-2T.jpg

You want to make sure you get these, with the "curls" on each side

85352-007.jpg

Here, these, if the wire size is right. I have used too big/ too small wire size by soldering after 'crimping best I can'. BEST way is to have right size and proper crimp tool

Electrical Terminal 14-12 Gauge 1/4'' Female

-
Back