Installing top weather seal

-

fuzzman

Reaction score
I have a question my car when i got it was a half assembled from a previous restore so it has been difficult putting back together it has been a big guessing game. My question is I'm installing the top weather stripping and i have all different type of screws and wandering which ones are correct and want to know if i need to pick up more corn nuts. I noticed when i took the the top frame apart some screws had corn nuts on top of them and others didn't. So i want to know if every screw needs a corn nut on top of it to protect the top? I have pictures of the hodgepodge mess of screws any advice would be helpful.
Pat Faley
69 Barracuda convertible project
East Peoria, IL

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0428.JPG

I have a question my car when i got it was a half assembled from a previous restore so it has been difficult putting back together it has been a big guessing game. My question is I'm installing the top weather stripping and i have all different type of screws and wandering which ones are correct and want to know if i need to pick up more corn nuts. I noticed when i took the the top frame apart some screws had corn nuts on top of them and others didn't. So i want to know if every screw needs a corn nut on top of it to protect the top? I have pictures of the hodgepodge mess of screws any advice would be helpful.
Pat Faley
69 Barracuda convertible project
East Peoria, IL

View attachment 1715116844

View attachment 1715116845

View attachment 1715116846

View attachment 1715116847
Another question the original weather stripping had felt lined insides on the seal that seals against the quarter window do any of of you know where to get oem weather stripping? The new stuff is all rubber.
Pat

-
Back