Instrument Cluster Panel

-

bryan

Reaction score
I have a 1968 Barracuda cluster panel I want to have it repair and repainted. Does anyone on here had one done. Let me know who would do a good job for me

I have a 1968 Barracuda cluster panel I want to have it repair and repainted. Does anyone on here had one done. Let me know who would do a good job for me

Instrument Specialties; 1 year wait time though

There are still a few vendors who do the rechrome and repaint of plastic inst' bezels but... the damage repair might drive the cost above the cost a brand new reproduction. Even if it's not cracked, missing pieces, etc.., many of these 50 yr old rally bezels have developed a wavy brim that doesn't line up to look great under the dash pad. Bottom line... It's hard to beat a brand new one ( made in China ).
Vendors such as Instrument Specialties who do the instrument repair service in house typically outsource the plastic bezel restore service. You ship to them, they ship elsewhere, thus the long wait.

In reference to Instrument Specialties: The guy who does them has an illness of some sort and therefore works when he is able.

That doesn't match the OEM in perimeter shape(s) so I have to wonder if they offer a similar piece for the glove box door.

It's Chinese crap so I'm sure it fits like Chinese crap does, and no I did not see anything for the glove box, so you'd have to reshape your old one with putty.

I learned the hard way about these re-pops out there. I learned that I would rather spend the money to restore an original, than use any of the junk available.
Everything I have bought so far has been off or ill fitting. There may be some decent stuff, but the tail lenses, door handles, flip top gas caps and the bezels are junk IMO.

Stay away from PG classics!

I sent mine to Mr G’s in Dallas Tx you can either wait for him to do yours or he will send you a refreshed one. I was extremely happy with mine I swapped my original for. It was $350 several years ago he also sells complete interior body screws that are all labeled where they go to.Mr. G's Enterprises - Home Page

I sent mine to Mr G’s in Dallas Tx you can either wait for him to do yours or he will send you a refreshed one. I was extremely happy with mine I swapped my original for. It was $350 several years ago he also sells complete interior body screws that are all labeled where they go to.Mr. G's Enterprises - Home Page

Mr G no longer does vacuumized chrome plating, or bezel refinishing anymore! He claims he's too old!!

I got Nella's dash bezel and trim, along with the chrome pillar mouldings done by GCAR in Washington St., and they look awesome! My total bill for all the work was right around $600 plus the shipping! I had no repairs tho!! It was cheaper than buying the repopped bezel, as they are $495, and don't come with the lenses, which are another $195! GCAR polished my lenses, put in new red and green high beam and turn signal lenses, did the glovebox trim, and rechromed the pillar mouldings for less than that!! I highly recommend them!!

-
Back