Kegger carb adaptor

-

gliderider06

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was curious and have done some searching but haven't found anything. I am thinking of doing a magnum swap in my Ramcharger and have read the kegger manifold makes great power, low and would be what i want for my DD.
Is there an adaptor for a carb atop a kegger manifold? Either a 2 or 4bbl?
Thanks

Sounds interesting, but I've never seen anything like that. Seems like fuel might pool in the bottom of the plenum.

Yeah, you wouldn't want that with a carb. It's intended to be a dry manifold.

You can get that down low torque using the right intake and a cam degreed for it.

I can't think of any good reason why it wouldn't work, I've seen some truly horrid intake designs over the years and the kegger isn't one of them. the only reason some give it a bad rap is due to it being designed for towing and torque. the later kegger manifolds have a cast-in divider in the plenum which would probably be beneficial for getting a strong signal and preventing fuel from coming out of suspension (which happens to some degree on any carburetored vehicle to some degree). If you already have the carburetor there shouldn't be much stopping you. An adaptor could be fabbed out of aluminium or even timber with a router for testing purposes. hood clearance may be a potential issue though. good luck! don't forget to let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
just because something's not available to purchase ready-made doesn't mean it won't or can't work. If you think about how much it might cost to tool up a factory to do a production run and produce a few thousand of this kind of adapter and then consider how few people would actually want to buy one then it's clear why they aren't available, it would be money down the drain. build it yourslef, If it works well then you have a talking point whenever you open your hood, along with the satisfaction that you've used your hands instead of your credit card. This was how hot-rodding always was back before it became normal to trick up your car with a myriad of store-bought parts out of a catalogue.

Actually Ed/ 805moparkid here, did a pretty good job,porting this intake..( pictures ,and all..). Search , for it.

-
Back