Kelsey Hayes front discs

-

berry-cuda

Reaction score
I have a set of Kelsey Hayes brakes I'm thinking about selling I was originally going to machine mustang rotors for bbp but am going a different route, what are all the parts people are looking for when they want to do a swap? Spindles and calipers obviously and I think I can separate the hub from the rotor is this all one would want for a swap? Or do they need the upper control arms and lower? Also what is a set worth around? I imagine the calipers would require a rebuild

For the KH setup I would say the hubs, spindles, and dust shields are the hardest to find. Nice to have also are the calipers, caliper hose brackets, caliper pad clips, caliper to spindle bolts, master cylinder, and the disc proportioning valve. You can still purchase calipers, pads, rotors, master cylinders, prop valves from some parts stores. I see total packages occasionally on sale here and craigslist anywhere from $200 to $900 depending on condition.

As far as the LCA’s, I would not think most people would be looking for them with a KH brake swap - I would try to sell them separately.

Last edited:
[WANTED] - Anybody has 5x4 Kelsey Hayes disc hubs or spindles for sale?

Contact this member.
He's looking for parts.

Upper & lower control arms are not required to be changed when doing the swap on 72 and earlier A body cars.
The Lower ball joint get's changed to a Disc brake one, or the old one gets drilled out to 9/16 inch for the mounting bolt holes.

Thanks for help guys I'll get them all cleaned up shortly here and get them for sale to separate the hub from the rotor do you just knock the studs out?

Studs just press out.
If your saving the studs for reuse, just put the lug nut back on, flush with the threads, and get out the BFH, and give it a few good whacks of the hammer.

-
Back