Kill switch wiring diagram

-

moparlee

64 Valiant
Reaction score
Worked perfectly. If anybodies interested.

Lee

Mopar wiring diagram.JPG

moparlee said:
Wow, nobody's interested in this?

Lee

To me a kill switch is a simple switch that grounds the (-) side of the coil in a conventional ignition or grounds the white wire on an MSD (or shorts the blue/purple wires.

That wiring seems overly complicated.

What it does is kill all of the power (12V) going thru the car with the exception of the power lead running all the way back to the alternator.

Chuck

Lee. Is this setup for NHRA or is it for theft deterent purposes? Isn't your battery in the trunk? Wondering where you placed your battery kill switch? This looks good. That is some serious gauge wire going to the starter. Did you buy this kit from MAD? Thanks Lee. I am interested in making a kill switch for my car but had been looking at the Flaming River setup. WOuld like to hear more about this setup.
Dave

I have my engine and dash wiring harness out of the right now this would be a good time to do this sort of setup for ease of access. Did you use multiple terminals for all your gauges and accessories, etc? thanks. lots of Q's.
Dave

Yes, I bought it from MAD. This system will kill the car and kill everything that's controlled from the cockpit(if you will). That big batter cable is dead unless you cranking in ignition two, utilizing the Phord style relay in the truck by the battery.

I need to take some updated pictures of the truck, the wires that draped across the trunk they are now routed differently so that they aren't in the way.

Lee

Rearview.JPG

Trunk_battery.JPG

Also you can still use the factory relay on the fire wall as the power source for your MSD box and to power the inside of the car, that's what I did instead of using a new thing like it shows. I do have the one coming from the alternator and it's sitting on the passenger side fender. I'm wiring my relays off of that to run my headlights. I also went to the H4's, by doing this your dash lights, brake lights, tail lights and turn signals will be brighter also.

Anyway I hope people can use this and help them.

Lee

Also if you note that it doesn't have a ground cable running the length of the car. It utilizing the body of the car for the ground which also helps your lights and switches according to him.

Lee

daves66valiant said:
Lee. Is this setup for NHRA or is it for theft deterent purposes? Isn't your battery in the trunk? Wondering where you placed your battery kill switch? This looks good. That is some serious gauge wire going to the starter. Did you buy this kit from MAD? Thanks Lee. I am interested in making a kill switch for my car but had been looking at the Flaming River setup. WOuld like to hear more about this setup.
Dave

According to him it is NHRA approved to pass tech, because it will kill the car when flipping the switch. If you notice in that diagram that it was published in 98 Car Craft Mag.

Also, the battery wire I bought it from Summit, but he does sell everything you need.

Lee

-
Back