Lakewood bellhousing????

-

duster360

Reaction score
I am going to install the Lakewood bellhousing behind my small block. Does a starter adapter need to be used with this?
It has the bearing retainer adapter ring also. What is a good way to secure it? I don't like the fact that it is just sitting there and could possibly vibrate out and fall inside the bellhousing.

hi, two of the bolts on bearing retainer, has a flat washer , it covers the ring, holds it place.
don't need starter adopter. I used 4 washers on my retainer.

I called tech support at Lakewood and the guy I talked to said the ring should not go all the way through the bellhousing. Everything I have read about these bellhousing says that the adapter rings will push all the way through. I have read that the newer QuickTime housings have some sort of stop for the ring. Has to be what he is referring to.

if u are concerned about the adapter ring, do not use it. use a 4.80" bearing retainer, as I do.

You should use a dial indicator to verify that the trans mating surface is parallel to the back of the block and that the bore is centered on the crank. I've never heard of a scattershield that didn't need adjusting on both items. Most people only seem to know to check the bore run out though.

You should use a dial indicator to verify that the trans mating surface is parallel to the back of the block and that the bore is centered on the crank. I've never heard of a scattershield that didn't need adjusting on both items. Most people only seem to know to check the bore run out though.

Already done. But thanks for throwing that out there.

-
Back