LBP Rallye wheels on Darts??

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
I know that the centers on sbp wheels are not as...hhmm...long (?) as the centers on the LBP wheels. Would it be very noticeable that the centers stick out further?? So does anyone have a picture of LBP rallye wheels with 70-71 cone style centers?

I guess I should have made it more clear that I was looking for a picture of a Dart or Duster with LBP rallye wheels and the 70-71 cone style centers. I noticed a picture of the LBP center next to a sbp center and noticed the sbp seemed to be shorter so I was curious!

thanks

Dont know if this will help but my son has this style on his Dart. Sorry its not the cone type. Ron

22948023.jpg

Do you happen to have a cone style center laying around?

This was brought to my attention for a guy that put cone style centers on his 74 Duster. He told me that the centers stuck out far enough that if you stood behind the car "the centers stuck out way to far". So I thought I would see if anyone else had the set-up and how it looked/what they thought about how it looks.

Gee!

I have had both SBP and LBP cone style center caps in my hands at the same time trying to determine if I could modify the LBP ones to fit SBP (not easily BTW). I do not recall nor did I notice any appreciable difference in the cone between the two.

Why would you think they would stick out? B and E bodies were offered with 14" ralley wheels and the cone did not stick out. These same wheels were offred on A bodies when they went to LBP wheels in 73 but with the nut style center cap. I see no reason to think the cone style would stick out on an A body where it didn't with the B or E.

I know this is not the style center cap you are interested in but these ralley wheels came from a mid 70's Duster and are LBP.

68Barracuda#1.jpg

If you set the two centers on the ground...Does the LBP center stick up any taller???

After the guy mentioned the problem I started looking at some pics on the net of centers. And it does "appear" that the sbp centers have a cone that is shorter??? It could just be the pics though????

Thanks for the help. P.S. I don't have either center in my possesion to check myself.

-
Back