Leafs blowing inside

-

C Galloway

Reaction score
My grandpa, many years ago, cut out the stock a/x unit out of my 71 slant 6 demon. Along with some coolant tubes flopping around the engine bay, the main problem is leafs and crap keep blowing into the cab. I know at one point there was an interior mount a/c controller under the dash. I tried moving the flaps on the vent things on the toekicks on each side up and down and hasnt made a difference. Any idea where or why this debris keeps blowing in and how to stop it?

Leaves fall into the cowl vent and then get pushed into the interior vents. Sometimes they get stuck in the heater or A/C box, but they can just come in through the vent boxes. If the car isn't currently being stored outside under a tree, it means the cowl is full of leaves. You can pull the vent boxes on either end and clean it out as best you can.

This is a non-AC car, but I think your '71 has all the same vent boxes. I dropped the vents and the box, reached up into the cowl, and pulled down all the stuff you see here from inside the cowl.
IMG_1090_zps4ba1d898.jpg

vent boxes
IMG_4849.JPG

IMG_4848.JPG

cowl space that's probably packed full of leaves...
IMG_4850.JPG

-
Back