Let’s see what the LS guys think about the copied TrickFlow vane

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know I will be taking it out for sure when I start doing LS heads but here’s some thinking from the Chevy guys. Any discussion on this.

IMG_2291.jpeg

I wonder what the results of a Dykem wet flow test on the bench would be. It looks like some of the air from the cyl center side is being used to push the fuel back toward the cyl wall side. This is the lean and detonation prone area according to Darin Morgan. I've never liked the idea of spraying a flammable liquid into an area with sparking motors but many people do it. Have you ever tried it?

I would guess what your trying to get out of the head would be the first thing, I'm pretty sure stock 706 can do mid to high 400 hp numbers with fairly modest cam and cr. Second has anyone prove the fuel ramp works and if it does is it needed for the application.

Last edited:
I wonder what the results of a Dykem wet flow test on the bench would be. It looks like some of the air from the cyl center side is being used to push the fuel back toward the cyl wall side. This is the lean and detonation prone area according to Darin Morgan. I've never liked the idea of spraying a flammable liquid into an area with sparking motors but many people do it. Have you ever tried it?

No I never have, nor never will. I’m not putting that crap through my bench.

I would guess what your trying to get out of the head would be the first thing, I'm pretty sure 706 can do mid to high 400 hp numbers with fairly modest cam and cr. Second has anyone prove the fuel ramp works and if it does is it needed for the application.

Most of these LS heads flow pretty close after porting and updating to a 2.0 valve size. The Guys desire the smaller chamber much like we would and do.

706 LS heads - how'd I do? - Don Terrill’s Speed-Talk

-
Back