LH & RH Kick panels under dash

-

coalman

Reaction score
I am thinking of making my own kick panels, have any of you done this? If so what did you use for material? Thanks

I've gone some plastic ones if you want to start with some. They could use some TLC. Even have the choice of 67-75 or 75/76 Driver side ones.

Riddler

I am thinking of making my own kick panels, have any of you done this? If so what did you use for material? Thanks

I made mine out of ABS with speaker pods
What I can make now
View attachment DSCF4458.jpg

how they look before cutting out
View attachment DSCF4429.jpg

after cutting out and fitting
View attachment DSCF4433.jpg

with Boss audio 200w slimline speakers in (yeah they sound good)
View attachment DSCF4437.jpg

and the new setup I'm working on this weekend
View attachment d&p kick wint mini pod3.jpg

these should be in bondo this weekend and testing it by next weekend for fit and finish if everything goes right!:glasses7:
View attachment 20160105_215727.jpg

You sir are amazing! I wish I had the ability to make Duster ones. A company does make them with speaker holes already though.

Riddler

You sir are amazing! I wish I had the ability to make Duster ones. A company does make them with speaker holes already though.

Riddler

Thanks for the compliment . but it really comes from no one making, the parts so I had to learn how to do it myself. Or if they did the parts were poor replicas and didn't fit or were not made well enough for me to even think of using.

I was making a mold for the later Darts and Duster/Demons(designed both styles, but not cut or tested since I don't have either types of car handy) but there are just too many companies out there doing it to be cost effective for me. I'm sticking with the early A's since I don't have to compete with too many people (plus I have an early A and can do it MY way that I like)
4"x6" will be next so I have the full range of options
1. currently model is slimline 5.25 x 1.8 deep.
2. in foam and going to body filler to test is 5.25x 2.75 deep with mini pod that you can cut a hole for a remote mini speaker.
3. is the oval 4" 6" x 2.2" depth in design phase
View attachment !!!!oval1.jpg

My car is a 66 also, I was thinking of using 1/8" Masonite, any thoughts on this? Thanks

they do the later versions of the kick panels from 67 up. some are nicer than others . oh and the Listed ones on vintage vibes ones do not fit the 64-6 plymouths even though they say they do on the web page. I'm waiting on a response to see if they have a different model that does fit the 64-6's.

I do the 63-66 since I want a different style kick panel for my own cars.

-
Back