Looking for 1969 Plymouth 'Cuda 340

-

1969 Cuda340

Reaction score
Attention Mopar owners in Middle Georgia. In 1970 I bought a 1969 Plymouth 'Cuda 340 from Mercer Motors Plymouth Dealer in Warner Robins Georgia. The car was a 2dr Notch back painted Barracuda Orange with a black vinyl roof and had a 4 speed. In 1973 I sold the car back to Mercer Motors. The car was last seen in 1979 when it was brought into sears for an oil change by an older owner according to the techs. The reason for selling the car was because my daughter was born with a lot medical problems and I had to pay the hospital bills. Does any body remember this car on the streets of Warner Robins, or who bought it, or what might have happened to it?

Attention Mopar owners in Middle Georgia. In 1970 I bought a 1969 Plymouth 'Cuda 340 from Mercer Motors Plymouth Dealer in Warner Robins Georgia. The car was a 2dr Notch back painted Barracuda Orange with a black vinyl roof and had a 4 speed. In 1973 I sold the car back to Mercer Motors. The car was last seen in 1979 when it was brought into sears for an oil change by an older owner according to the techs. The reason for selling the car was because my daughter was born with a lot medical problems and I had to pay the hospital bills. Does any body remember this car on the streets of Warner Robins, or who bought it, or what might have happened to it?

"barracudakid, post: 1971914308, member: 9420"]i have a 69 notchback,orange,340,4 speed[/QUOTE]
Do you know the history of your car? Mine had a black vinyl roof, bench seat, and the shifter was different than stock. It looked like the ones that came in cars with a console. My car came from the factory with 3.91 gears but the dealership changed my gears to 3.23 due to the fact I was in the Air Force and didn't have a lot of money for gas.

I do wish you "luck"
I've actually got a car that I've tried to contact a previous owner just to get history.
Offered "money".
Long story, but can't get a line on them.
If they are alive that won't respond.
People get funny about "these" cars.
Can be bad blood in the chain of custody or something.

:popcorn:

sherlock_holmes.jpg

Last edited:
my car is stripped down
going to be a pro street by previous owner

So I'm guessing your old cuda 340 was an A56 optioned car? That detail would be on the fender tag, but you would need the complete vin to best determine if there are any matches out there.

P1010002 (1).JPG
So I'm guessing your old cuda 340 was an A56 optioned car? That detail would be on the fender tag, but you would need the complete vin to best determine if there are any matches out there.
Back in the early 70's I never thought to keep anything with the vin number on it. The best shot of finding it is through the county where I lived if they still have records of taxes payed stored somewhere. Their computers only go back to 1996 now. I am going to contact them to see if they can help me. I am putting a picture of a model I made as the car looked like in 1973 when I sold it back to the Plymouth dealer.

Neat model you made there and it was a rare one with those scoops....good luck !

-
Back