LOOKING for a 1969 plymouth barracuda convertible sold in Rockville Maryland 1990

-

brad01

Reaction score
To add to the difficulty I don't have the VIN. I was the second owner and I bought the car from the original owner Mildred and Francis Coyle living on Great Oak Rd in Rockville, MD Slant 6 225, auto, factory A/C car and I supplied the owner with all the factory paperwork and repair sheets. Orange in color with a 68' hood with the vents on it, white convertible top and black interior. They bought the car from Maryland Motors in Rockville, MD and had that sticker on the trunk when I sold it. There is a small dent on the passenger dash knee height. The vehicle was sold to a guy who lived in Fairfax, VA. I have a couple of pictures I will post when I find them. Thanks!

Do you remember the insurance co you had with it? They might have your VIN in their records. Sometimes easier than the MVA.

James Barna. Owned this Demon in the late 70's and sold it. He never saw it again. Looked and looked for years and had others looking to find it. Recently one afternoon 40 years later he turned down an alley near where he moved and saw it setting in a garage that was open.

He bought it back couple years ago. He has dumped some money in it since then. Engine, Trans, Rear, Floors, front clip and exhaust. Now its here for quarters, trunk floor , wheel houses, and drop downs. Then its going for paint.

It would have been cheaper to buy one done I told him. He said it wouldn't be the same. Its like a child he found that he kick out of his life and just feels responsible for what happened to it.. I am going to let him have the complete bucket seat interior that I took out of the race car we're building after he gets it back from paint.

So Never give up. You'll find it by luck when your not looking.

I remember when james bought the car when he was 18 years old. The smile on his face when he recently backed it out of the shop after the engine was installed I'll never forget.

20180127_153450.jpg

20171229_123243.jpg

-
Back