Looking for my 72 Demon

-

pete9857

Reaction score
Cincinnati area, sold to a kid 1976 that worked at Kenmont Dodge. I can hope!
340, 4spd, pistol grip, Gun Metal Grey, Black interior. P/S. Twister option? Black stripes on hood.
I believe one of the last Demons built. Had Dart Sport in chrome letters on trunk.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 337
Cincinnati area, sold to a kid 1976 that worked at Kenmont Dodge. I can hope!
340, 4spd, pistol grip, Gun Metal Grey, Black interior. P/S. Twister option? Black stripes on hood.
I believe one of the last Demons built. Had Dart Sport in chrome letters on trunk.
I think I have your old Demon. I worked at a Dodge dealer here in CT back in the 80's and bought it from another tech who had moved to CT from Cincinnati

Wow!! Let's see pics?? Please fill us in on story guys.

Holy crap, I got a knot in my stomach when the email came. I bought the car from my buddy, he bought it new. Was a street, mild strip cruiser. If I remember, I put a six Pak on it and an Ansen bellhousing.
I'll try an load some other pics. A couple years after I sold it, the rumor was the kid totaled it street racing.

Spoke with him on the phone and it looks like he does have my old car unbelievable
This forum is great

I'll try an post some pics from 76

image.jpg

He contacted Don, the guy that bought my car in 76, and Don called me this morning. 40 year old memories rushing back!
WOW is all I can say

Sorry about the garbage pics
Those pics aren't garbage at all. Times like these when you realize we never took enough pictures and the very few we have are like gold. I graduated high school in 1986 and went to work at a local Dodge dealer here in CT. I bought the Demon that August. It was in black primer and I found someone to "paint" it for $1,500.00. Well, you get what you pay for and all of the paint blistered after 6 months because he never got rid of the water logged primer. By this time I was on to changing the headers and ended up pulling the engine out in the cul de sac where we lived because our driveway was on a hill. Police Officer made me move the car at 2 AM as the engine hoist was out there too. Ended up rebuilding the engine (still has the original engine and trans) and got everything back in but kind of stalled because of the body and lack of funds for an 18-20 year old. The car sat at my parent's house for a couple of years and I then moved it to my house when I got married. I bought NOS quarterpanels and trunk extensions back in 1989 as I wanted the car to be perfect and didn't realize that someone competent could have fixed the car right. Well the Demon outlasted the marriage and I stripped it in 2001 and brought it to a buddy who was going to do the body work at night. Never tell a body man that you are in no hurry!! The project stalled again until I went and grabbed the car in 2013 and brought it home. That brings us to the present and the Demon is now getting all of the bodywork done by a motivated body man. The cool thing about your interior pick of the Demon back in 1976 is that I bought a pistol grip shifter handle in the late 80's to put in the Demon and never knew that's how you had it (and everyone thinks that 18 year olds only think about girls!!)

I will try and post the few garbage pics I have (we forget how lucky we are to have a good camera in our pocket everywhere we go these days).
20160428_190132-1.jpg
20160428_190151-1.jpg
20160428_185931-1.jpg
20160428_185950-1-1.jpg
20160428_190121-1.jpg
20160331_103155.jpg

Last edited:
J, the pics don't look right on my phone, maybe they're ok on the FABO. I'll get a hold of my buddy and see what kind of pics he has. As I was thinking about it last night, I sold it to Don, then I saw a Black 77 Aspen RT super pak sitting in Kenmont Dodges back lot where he worked. With alittle help from Dad, I bought the RT. It was my honeymoon car. That Demon smoked a lot of BOWTIES in the day!
And your thing about high school and girls? For me, MOPARS MOPARS MOPARS!!!!!!!!
BTW, did it still have the big pinion snubber on it? LOL

No, don't think it's for sale. I've got a 73 Cuda on a rotisserie right now & toooo many other projects! I'm glad it's with someone who will restore it. It's an awesome car.

Your pictures (and mine) are doing the same thing on my phone. Sent a message to the Admin.

And yes the big pinion snubber is still with the car. Did you have hood pins on all 4 corners? Fiberglass hood?

No, I believe it was a steel hood and hinges. A lift off hood wasnt a good fit for showing off the 6 pak at Frisches!!!! Once they saw that , no more LETS RUN!

I just received an AWESOME GREAT phone call from my friend Glen, I purchased the Demon from Hunt Chrysler in Springdale, Ohio. It was on the used car lot there. Once I looked I new I had to have it. Purchased it that day. I was working at a local speed shop then so I was buying parts as money was available.

By looking at the photos It could be the same car, there are two ways to verify that this is the same car. First look at the part # on the bottom of the leaf springs, I had purchased a set of Super Stock springs thru the local dealer thru the Direct Connection program. Secondly look at the floor pan by the shift linkage, If it looks like someone did a BAD removal job that is the car that Glen and I owned. This car also had a rare option, it had a rear window defroster.

I did street race it and eventually only raced it at the track.
Please keep on texting and send lots of photos.

Rick

-
Back