Looking for opinions on this CL car

-

DroVal

Reaction score
I'm finally looking at having my Cherokee sold here in a couple of days. About a week or so ago I found 2 car deal on CL for $900 and posted it in the For Sale section. The deal is for one 1962 Valiant Wagon and one 1962 Valiant 4 door parts car. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/3689689396.html

I know the pictures are a bit rough, but I thought I would ask for some opinions. Most of yall have been at this a lot longer than I have and maybe you'll notice something I didn't. I haven't contacted the owner yet, but the ad is still up. I don't want to get my hopes up before I know for certain the Cherokee is sold.

As odd as it may sound to some this wagon is basically my dream car. I have been in love with these ever since high school when I first saw one run on ET night out at Firebird Raceway.

Anyway, if ya get a chance take a peek at the ad and let me know what ya think of it. Thanks again as always and have a good one!

DroVal

Around here both cars would be about 300 each in scrap metal. I don't see how you could lose out unless absolutely nothing was usable on either. Just my quick opinion. Maybe scrap metal isn't worth as much there though?

So thinking it wouldn't be worth it to try and get the wagon road worthy judging by the pics?

if that is your dream car-- go get them,
if they were in my area i would at least have a look-- they are not over priced & maybe a cash offer could take them home.

very small group-- of fans -- but the wagons are soo cool ,Lawrence

The wagon could be cool, but how long can you be without a car while you are trying to get the wagon back on the road?

I would think there are more than $900 in parts there

Really it all depends on your ability to get the wagon on the road. It will take more than a battery and gear oil.

if that is your dream car-- go get them,
if they were in my area i would at least have a look-- they are not over priced & maybe a cash offer could take them home.

very small group-- of fans -- but the wagons are soo cool ,Lawrence

Arizona cars that are most likely rust free, go take a look and if go for it if they will work for you. I have seen those small wagons really gaining in popularity and they look good built too.

If you have the space and time for having both cars...go for it.Only you can make your dream car happen.Good luck....love the longroofs!

Thanks everybody. I didn't figure I would be able to wake it up right away. Cleared out the garage and had yard sales the last 2 weekends. Now I just need the Cherokee sale to go through and for this guy to respond. I have the camaro that I can drive until the wagon is able to move around on it's own power, so no issues there. I'm still waiting to hear back from the guy about whether or not these are still available.

Well, unfortunately I can't get this guy to email me back. Guess I need to start looking for something else :wack:

-
Back