Looking for posi rear end for 1985 D250

-

dakota7695

Reaction score
I have recently purchased my D250 with a 318, and 3 speed auto. Im looking for a posi rear end that will fit this transmission and if one is not available, what trans and rear anyone would recommend. Thank you

cant possibly answer this without knowing what rear axle you have now. if you are looking for a "POSI" maybe a 10 bolt out of a Camaro would work

1st determine what rearend you have,prob a 9 1/4,then find a sure grip or limited slip for it's application,using the term posi[chevyterm] will get you some ribbing...it's possible you could have a dana rear,how many lugs does your wheels have?if 8 lug then you have a dana or a spicer type rear,if 5 lug then prob a 9 1/4..after rereading your post and the trk is a 250 you most likely have 8 lugs which rules out the 9 1/4...look up the trk by yr and model to see what you have or chk under hood for description of options[if its still readable] or better yet post a pic of the rear end cover plate

Call you're local driveline shop and ask them how much a true track is for your truck.
The D-250 could have a D-60.

If you need more traction see your local driveline shop

Where are you located? I recently parted out a '89 D250 for the engine, tranny. My father in law made a trailer out of the bed. I think it has a sure grip / locking differential. He would prolly sell you the center section.

-
Back