Magical power wire

-

slicknapier

Reaction score
Just pulled a 5.9 out of a 2000 ram for my sons 63 Valiant. I can get the fuel pump on and starter cranked , but I'm having a hard time figuring out which wire is the magical one to get power to relays? All my research keeps coming back with hooking up one wire and you're good to go. Any help would be great, thanks.

IMG_3181.JPG

IMG_1823.JPG

Find a wire diagram G.
there's one feed from the battery to the fuse block. That's it.

80412A37-0837-4148-99D0-59821EC04D1F.png
Im assuming the ignition harness is dangling there somewhere.or at least wire colora carry through.

Thanks fellas I have the FSM at work. I have all the pin outs printed up. I have the ignition switch pin out printed up which matches the one above. Problem I have is that I'm just trying to run from the big plug to the PDC . The above mentioned blue wire goes to the fuse box not to the PDC through the big plug?
View attachment 1715098747 Im assuming the ignition harness is dangling there somewhere.or at least wire colora carry through.

IMG_3182.JPG

IMG_3184.JPG

IMG_3186.JPG

IMG_3184.JPG

Well, if i was in your shoes,pull an ignition related fuse or two,and either power it back from there or do some continuity tests.

When you get it figured out, please post the results. All of the grounds on the engine, and the entire harness play a big part in making it run. I have a 98 5.9 with all of the under hood wiring stashed away to put in my beater truck sometime in the future, so this is an interesting thread.:thumbsup:

Found the green wire with brown stripe that powers up the PDC.

When you get it figured out, please post the results. All of the grounds on the engine, and the entire harness play a big part in making it run. I have a 98 5.9 with all of the under hood wiring stashed away to put in my beater truck sometime in the future, so this is an interesting thread.:thumbsup:

Make sure that you use a computer from a truck with a manual transmission. It will save you a lot of trouble. I found out the expensive way. Magnummopar set me straight. If he hadn't helped me, I'd still be working on this thing.
easyrider

I got my motor mounts from Magnum Mopar. I will buy my swap parts from him. Trying this harness on my own. I don't want to spend the $$$ on a harness now. Why the manual transmission computer when I'm using the trans from the 2000?

I got my motor mounts from Magnum Mopar. I will buy my swap parts from him. Trying this harness on my own. I don't want to spend the $$$ on a harness now. Why the manual transmission computer when I'm using the trans from the 2000?
If your using the 2000 trans, I suppose it will need that computer as well.

Yes. That was my magical wire. Powered that up and and you can here the computer click and fuel pump come on.

Thanks fellas I have the FSM at work. I have all the pin outs printed up. I have the ignition switch pin out printed up which matches the one above. Problem I have is that I'm just trying to run from the big plug to the PDC . The above mentioned blue wire goes to the fuse box not to the PDC through the big plug?

View attachment 1715098766

View attachment 1715098767

View attachment 1715098768

View attachment 1715098769
Curious if you are using the steering column from your donor vehicle (looks like it in pic). If so, please share any insights! (sorry to go off topic)

I am not using the column. I was just trying to figure out what wires were for the ignition. I am using a Durango column in my 63 truck, what are you looking for?

I am not using the column. I was just trying to figure out what wires were for the ignition. I am using a Durango column in my 63 truck, what are you looking for?
Thanks for the reply! I am trying to put a modern column (cruise,tilt) in my 64 cuda when doing magnum swap. Based on your experience with your modern truck column, do you think I could fit one in 64 cuda with some minor mods? Not sure what year dodge model would be closest fit, your thoughts?

I think it’s possible. The problem is that they’re ugly! I got luck on my truck and my original steering wheel was the same splines. I cut the steering shaft and Tig welded it back together with the bottom of my original steering shaft.

039A2C2A-7607-41A6-8137-07D24573DED7.jpeg

BE38F286-D43E-4392-9723-9413FE0DF3BD.jpeg

7E5FF4D8-D13E-49D6-AD37-5244E82BD087.jpeg

9A3D867F-D015-4B33-9647-0F53F341AB88.jpeg

-
Back