Magnum 360 and 3 speed Manual question

-

TSgtShadeTree

Reaction score
Hey everyone
I'm looking for info on matting a magnum 360 to the 3 speed in my 71 duster. So i picked up a Magnum 360 from a dodge truck that came with a auto. I did get the flex-plate and Torque Converter with the engine. I have a 71 Duster with a slant 6 and a 3 speed manual. I see a lot of info on swapping magnums into A bodys but its usually with a auto. I was thinking of grabbing a flywheel and clutch kit for a 340 duster and getting the fly wheel balanced to the old flex plate(i know the 360s are externally balanced) on the 360. Would this work. I have tried to searching but cant find anything definitive. and i now the 3 speed isnt that strong but i would love to use the factory 3 speed for as long as possible to allow me to save some money for a better tranny.

Are you planning on running EFI or a carb?

Either way, pretty sure MagnumMopar can hook you up with a 130T flywheel with the correct balance, and even supply the needed notches for the crank pickup if required. In the end, I would bet it would be cheaper than buying a 340 flywheel and getting it re-balanced.

Looking at Fi Tech EFI right now. Thanks for the info. I just looked up Magnum Mopar website definitely very helpful. Thanks a lot for the help.

-
Back