magnum engine wiring knowledge

-

onefine89

Reaction score
Hello everyone I really appreciate the knowledge that is on this forum and that people are so nice .I need some help I'm elbows deep in installing a 5.2 magnum in a 54 savoy have the mechanical part finished.Now for the part most people dislike wiring .Can anybody tell me where to find the wiring diagram to make it run or what bare minimum wires are needed.I wish to keep the efi.I very been looking fo awhile with no answers .the engine trans is 1997 ram 1500 5.2 5 speed 2 wheel drive .if you need the vin let me know .have a great day I hope other can use this information. Thanks

There was a thread on here the other day, something about the "magic power wire." If you search the net you can download some years of Dodge/ RAM/ van etc manuals

Otherwise, I'd hit ebay and buy a manual to match the vehicle from which "your stuff" came. Be careful, as those manuals are in several volumes, no one of which provides "all the answers"

There was a guy on here months ago that did a good rite up on putting a magnum in his 73/74 dart. Showed the wiring Diagrams of what you need to keep and what you can take out. Like the Evap system etc. I have been searching but can’t seem to find it right now. Here are some I had on my phone that I forgot about.

6E1219FC-5205-4E5F-BD81-23DD003235F6.png

F56D7D41-16B9-4547-B037-F6EC04F674EC.png

723FC9AC-FA2F-46B4-B76B-23E8A8FDAC28.png

40CA0352-BFAA-4691-AF23-F897285942F7.png

350AEA1D-126F-41D1-BEEF-875F36E5DF97.png

8089E1DF-B221-4EED-A1DA-E3F29F819C12.png

Hello everyone I really appreciate the knowledge that is on this forum and that people are so nice .I need some help I'm elbows deep in installing a 5.2 magnum in a 54 savoy have the mechanical part finished.Now for the part most people dislike wiring .Can anybody tell me where to find the wiring diagram to make it run or what bare minimum wires are needed.I wish to keep the efi.I very been looking fo awhile with no answers .the engine trans is 1997 ram 1500 5.2 5 speed 2 wheel drive .if you need the vin let me know .have a great day I hope other can use this information. Thanks
I am in the process also of putting a 5.9 into a 73 Duster. I have a 1998 out of a van the one wire i found this week was a green wire with black stripe I will try to post a pic for ya

I am in the process also of putting a 5.9 into a 73 Duster. I have a 1998 out of a van the one wire i found this week was a green wire with black stripe I will try to post a pic for ya
There was a thread on here the other day, something about the "magic power wire." If you search the net you can download some years of Dodge/ RAM/ van etc manuals

Otherwise, I'd hit ebay and buy a manual to match the vehicle from which "your stuff" came. Be careful, as those manuals are in several volumes, no one of which provides "all the answers"

1509754752091.jpg

your talking about streetdak on the 73 dart. he took is 5.9 from a jeep. had different color wires. mine was from an 01 ram. like said, light green with black stripe activates the relays, and solid dark green wire is for fuel pump. dave.

Thanks everybody this is very helpful. Stuff like this is what I've been looking for .hope it can help someone in the future. Also I'm on the fence here.I have the complete harness head light to tail light .should I just eliminate everthing but what is needed to run and install an aftermarket harness or make this harness work . Have a great night

Last edited:
as far as the whole harness, i cant help as i used all my dart wiring . i kept the pdc box from the ram with all the relays, and cut out what was not needed from the ram harness. mine runs and charges through the pdc box like the ram did. there are different ways to do this, and i'm sure better ways, but mine has been in for three years now and is the best thing i ever did to it. if i can help, let me know. dave.

-
Back