MATS..ME done for the weekend...

-

70aarcuda

Master Hoader of SBM
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Well..waited all day to make a pass...

Let go on tranny button...and did not go anywhere...

I wonder why... are those two suppose to be connected..

anyway..the Demon ran it best so far on Friday ..

11.03 @ 119.70
11.04 @ 119.48

Attachments

• driveshaft.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 556
Ouch... you got some work to do!

Hate to see that. Any thoughts of using a better DS?

Pulling the trans too?

Damn that sucks!!! I was watching the trials today and missed it ??? must have been when i went to the store.

yeah...pulling the trans is what sucks...last time i ate a ring and pinion it took out the spraq in the trans too...

yes..going to visit the local driveshaft shop on monday

tonya dart ran 11.01 @ 120.80 this afternoon....it was getting late and we decided after the one pass we were going to call it a day anyway.

Dang tore it right off! How many passes are on that driveshaft with the brake?

not many....lol..

4 + 2=.........???? 6

daughter dart has the stock driveshaft going on 5 yrs....as said..if you race long enough you will break everything twice...lol

But I can update my signature with new best...lol

Ouch!!!Funny after I put my Dana60 in I figured time to upgrade the D.S.I went with a chromemoly one with the 1350 yokes/u-joints.Hey chit happens!
Good times too.

that sux man if you were driving the red demon or was it your duster with black hood then i saw you break it right at the lights. to much torque huh?

Congratulations on a new best pass :cheers:
I hope all is well with the trans and you are back at the track soon, yes more $$ to go fast :sad4:

red demon..broke on starting line.....yes thought about trying to find a driveshaft...but if you break a driveshaft or rear gear in 1st gear ..you need to check the sprag...or overrunning clutch in trans...

and last time i broke a rear gear the sprag was damaged...

and i figured if i bought another 40 yr old driveshaft i would be doing this again...going to local driveline service and have one made..

but if anyone has questions about the 7260/7290 conversion u joint strength...and with a grease fitting.....looks like it was tougher then the driveshaft..

Attachments

• IMG_0472.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 354
Did Tonya not have enough coffee this morning? Should have had that 1st round covered.

yes..she drove right past the guy...then realized she needed to get on the brakes....

10.957 @ 114...

i guess if you are going to break out...you might as well run your best ET...

we ran the run for the money...car ran 10.98....119..and the air got worst by about 500 ft...so we figured the car would slow down...wrong..anyway...with the other guy .08 off his dial in..she should have won...their reaction times were only .004 apart....

Sounds like it's lean.

I noticed the .150 light. Both were .150-.152

I watched it 1320 and was scratching my head after seeing the light and how far off the number the other guy was. Thought maybe he dumped her.

Not bad to run a best and be off 6 MPH

Here's the pic I got :eek:ops:

Attachments

• MATS 2012 216 (Small).jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 325
due to thing beyond my control...I finally got engine and trans out tonight..we tear trans apart tomorrow to remove and replace spraq......driveshaft is suppose to be ready on friday....

but now i am considering buying a CRS super shield ...so maybe this thing wont be done until next week.

trans torn apart...3 of the sprag spring had collapsed .....good thing i checked it out....driveshaft is suppose to be ready tomorrow...

ordered a CSR Super Shield...and it wont be here until next tuesday so..car is not going to be done for this weekend race in vegas.

-
Back