MATS..ME done for the weekend...

-
Was in the stands, believe I got to watch the twitsting go down. Look forward ro seeing you run the next time. Good luck

yes..i know...this is the second one i am installing...nothing is a true bolt on..

well..trans is all back together...

driveshaft was suppose to be done today..i called in morning ...they said this afternoon and we will call ya...nope...

anyway the trans shield wont be here until tuesday...

tuesday afternoon...as the moody blues would sing..

Tuesday afternoon...the CSR super shield gets here...and this morning I finally pickup the new drivershaft...

Attachments

• IMG_0479.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 109
Looks like the drive shaft loop done its job.
Please check the welds also in the rear, the first pic you posted looked like weld has some issues.
When that broke there was alot of stress put thru the whole drive train.

the weld you see in the first picture has nothing to do with the driveshaft...

that weld is a metal stiffing strap on the back on the ladder bars...and it has no issues....

Engine back in..after the headers put a good fight...and while hooking up the rear trans mounts...i noticed it was shot...

new one on order....Monday...

Finally....Had to get a new rear tranny mount as the OEM rubber one took a **** too...

Driveshaft back in...only need to put tranny fluid back in, water in radiator and time the engine....

Dont know when i will get to race again....Going to Ohio next week to pick up daughter #2...and coming back..then off to Carson City for work for the summer. Will take the car up to CC and race at Top Gun again this summer, but it wont be until June.

-
Back