[WANTED] metal push pins for package tray.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1994redram

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I lost the metal push pins or buttons that hold the package tray down under the back window. Originally there were two but, I would like to get at least 4 since my speakers stick up about 1/8 inch and keep the board from sitting flush. It's on a 1970 dodge dart.

Maybe you can do what I did with the wife's car and mount the speakers on the underside of the metal?
Then I have black speaker grill material for the entire tray area so you can't tell there are even speakers there and it's nice and flat.

They are mounted from the bottom side of the tray. They are Pioneer 4 way 6x9s and the 3 "tweeters" stick up high. Worst case scenario is that I shim the speaker down some with a couple washers. But I still need a few push pins to replace my lost pieces.

is the jute padding still there? should be able to take up some of the spacing with that

It never had jute padding. The packagetray fits under the rubber window gasket along the back edge. So if I installed some insulation to "raise" the package tray up, it wouldn't fit worth a damn. I would have loved to use some dynamat or something there.

Color isn't important. I'll paint them. Got a pic of them to make sure they are the correct pieces?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back