Not open for further replies.

1994redram

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I need two of the fittings that thread into the radiator for the transmisssion cooler lines. I need 2 but will buy 4 to have spares. And I also need the fitting that threads into the top of a power steering box for the high pressure line. I sent two steering boxes to firm feel with the fittings and didn't receive my new box back with one.

I got the trans fittings covered. But I still need the fitting for the high pressure hose to attach to the steering box. I've circled it in red.
20171028_163225.jpg

Normally that is a threaded female hole that the male hose spins into.

My original box had a fitting. The junk parts store box had a fitting in it. And my Original slant pressure hose and replacement V8 pressure hose require a fitting.

Wow! No chit. Hummm, new to me.
Then that should (yea I know, famous words...) should be available at a local store. Auto Parts store, plumbing store, Lowe’s????
Do these fittings have weird threads?

While disassembling several cars, I have seen them both ways. My Satellite needed the fitting when I put in a big block, the hose with the poly engine had the male fitting on the hose. Just another curve by Ma Mopar.

It SHOULD be easy to find locally. But it uses a copper washer to seal to the box I believe. Everything I can find is flare or NPT. My wife works for an oilfield hydraulic supply company and they don't have anything!

I believe I have a set of trans lines from a 74 Scamp (26")and possibly some spares. I will have to look in the morning, and advise.

I believe the end that threads into the PS control valve is called a "boss O-ring". Usually boss o-ring fittings use a rubber o-ring but you are correct that from the factory they had a copper washer. I think it'll work with both. I think the threads are SAE but don't quote me on that

I too have seen both type of fittings used

Still looking for the power steering fitting. I cant find anything local. Salvage yards around here dont have anything old enough either.

I would take the hose and box to a hydraulic supplier, or check online...Parker maybe?? I believe the female threads on hose are JIC, but I could be wrong.

Check this link out....scroll 1/2 way down till you see # FW923 by the way I DONT recommend this guy, Ive read reviews here and I will never buy from him.
MOPAR PERFORMANCE STEERING PARTS

I found that site and the fitting listed. I just cant believe that they want $65 +Shipping for that fitting. I took the hose up to a couple places last weekend and they couldn't come up with anything that wasn't a flare or tapered/NPT. The local parts stores aren't ANY help at all either.

I do appreciate the help though! Im so close to having the car driveable after the V8 swap. I hate that a small fitting is holding me up!

Call Firm Feel. Or up here call National Moparts. He has a website. 705 426 2993.
There are different flares with JIC if I remember correctly

Last edited:
Sometimes it is cheaper to "pay the Man" than to waste time looking for a deal....

I wouldnt pay $65, not to that guy. I posted the link as reference just to show they are available. Just gotta dig and know where and how to look.

I wouldnt pay $65, not to that guy. I posted the link as reference just to show they are available. Just gotta dig and know where and how to look.
Maybe you could consider contacting Firm Feel and demand your piece(s) back or for them to reimburse you for your time and cost of the replacement??? Social media could be bad for their business...

I agree, but its not me missing the fitting. Im trying to help.
Maybe you could consider contacting Firm Feel and demand your piece(s) back or for them to reimburse you for your time and cost of the replacement??? Social media could be bad for their business...

I'll call them today. To be fair, they did tell me to remove my pitman arm, nut, washer, etc and keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back