MLS cometic head gaskets in a magnum with a high lift cam

-

maca

Reaction score
Hey guys
Has anyone used the MLS cometic magnum head gaskets on a magnum engine with a high lift cam.
I want to replace them but I'm currently got LA style ones. The LA style ones don't have gasket around the pushrods where the magnum ones do. I seem to remember having to trim the magnum gaskets around the pushrods in the past but not 100% sure. My cams lift is around .600
cheers

Hey guys
Has anyone used the MLS cometic magnum head gaskets on a magnum engine with a high lift cam.
I want to replace them but I'm currently got LA style ones. The LA style ones don't have gasket around the pushrods where the magnum ones do. I seem to remember having to trim the magnum gaskets around the pushrods in the past but not 100% sure. My cams lift is around .600
cheers
Mock up , modify as needed.

I can modify them as I have done in the past to standard gaskets but if someone can confirm if they hit the pushrods then I will look at purchasing the LA gaskets. From memory they are identical with water jackets etc but bore size is larger

I had to trim my LA block, magnum head motor.Small hyd. .519 lift. Also, I think the gasket is offered in 3 or 4 different bore sizes.

-
Back