mopar shift kit

-

dirty white boy

50 yr old Juvenal delinquent
Reaction score
00B0B_72LI0l4jvja_600x450.jpg

will this shift kit work in a 86 model 904? is it worth 50 bucks?

IMO it's not worth $1 and I would not use one. I used one once and it caused such severe overlap between gears that it would have quickly ruined the trans if I hadn't taken it out. Get a Trans-go TF-1 or TF-2 if you want a good shift kit that'll not only make your trans shift firmer but last longer

IMO it's not worth $1 and I would not use one. I used one once and it caused such severe overlap between gears that it would have quickly ruined the trans if I hadn't taken it out. Get a Trans-go TF-1 or TF-2 if you want a good shift kit that'll not only make your trans shift firmer but last longer

Right from the man that does 727's regularly.
I'd take that advice.

Price around on your shift kit, because for my 42RH the local shop wanted $315.00:wtf:
I might be ugly but I ain't stupid.
Got the exact same TF2 kit for $115 shipped online.

$315.00? :icon_fU:
I hope you got the TFOD-HD2 kit for your 42RH, not the TF2. Different trans, different kit. When the OD Chrysler transmissions first appeared, I contacted Transgo and asked if the TF1/2 would work. Their words of wisdom, yes it'll fit, but no it wouldn't work the way they wanted it to in the OD transmissions. It may have been a marketing ploy (the TFOD-HD-2 kit wasn't available yet), but until the OD kit was on the shelf, we had no kits available for the A500/A518 series.

I hope you got the TFOD-HD2 kit for your 42RH, not the TF2. Different trans, different kit. When the OD Chrysler transmissions first appeared, I contacted Transgo and asked if the TF1/2 would work. Their words of wisdom, yes it'll fit, but no it wouldn't work the way they wanted it to in the OD transmissions. It may have been a marketing ploy (the TFOD-HD-2 kit wasn't available yet), but until the OD kit was on the shelf, we had no kits available for the A500/A518 series.

Yes, I did and that's what they used when the shop tried to tell me why it costs 315 dollars. :D

-
Back